• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cariboulou

cariboulou

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:31 PM

Got 2 360s linked together via 75ft ethernet cord, but when I choose system link on each console, neither can see each others game? One console I select to create game, and the other one I selected to join game but I dont see the game in the system link screen. WTF!!

#2 StriderX7

StriderX7

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:35 PM

Are you sure its a crossover ethernet cable?

#3 Nosf3ratu

Nosf3ratu

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, what else?
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:18 PM

Do you have your console set to DHCP in network settings. That could make a difference.

#4 cariboulou

cariboulou

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:42 PM

ok. figured it out that I had one console with an updated version with hdd, and the other console had no hdd so both games werent same version, since one had been updated through xbox live. Now that I downgraded version by cleaning cache on hdd....both consoles see each other but can only play one player per console. Is that the way the game just is? On halo3 its 2 vs 2 with a split screen on each console. Does anyone know if cod4 can do this also?

#5 xxMPWATERDAWGxx

xxMPWATERDAWGxx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:10 AM

Unfortunately COD4 does not have guest play as in Halo 2 &3, or the previous COD games. This is very sad sad.gif

#6 360 Flashing-UK

360 Flashing-UK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:04 PM

The lack of guest game play is an obvious shortcoming of a great game.

I have always considered xbox live game play to be ample for my game play needs. [Must have a good host] Although I have only system linked once it was enjoyable but the proximity of your opponent leads to dishonest game play.

I did not have any problems with settings or Ethernet cables and I think that system link gaming is enjoyable and removes the excuses and problems of lag and latency

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users