Photo

Ben Flashing Probem...firmtool 1.2 Won't Copy The Right Key.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rqt

rqt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:27 AM

Ok thanks everyone for looking at this post.

Here's my problem.

I get to through the dBen 123456 12345 ok and all 4 banks reads fine and I get a check sum id. Then firmtool runs and gives me an error the "No valid version found in orig.bin!!! Program aborted."

I also run "Make iXtrene firmware.bat" after I copy the BENQ-OFW.bin and rename it "orig.bin" manually in the 12x folder and I get the same error message.

since I now have two Bin files in my backup folder I deciced to run keycheck.exe for DOS to check the dvd keys. Then key for BENQ-OFW.bin does not match the key for BENQ-CFW.bin.

Any suggestion?

#2 Ex-CON

Ex-CON

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE(rqt @ Apr 23 2008, 10:03 PM) View Post

Ok thanks everyone for looking at this post.

Here's my problem.

I get to through the dBen 123456 12345 ok and all 4 banks reads fine and I get a check sum id. Then firmtool runs and gives me an error the "No valid version found in orig.bin!!! Program aborted."

I also run "Make iXtrene firmware.bat" after I copy the BENQ-OFW.bin and rename it "orig.bin" manually in the 12x folder and I get the same error message.

since I now have two Bin files in my backup folder I deciced to run keycheck.exe for DOS to check the dvd keys. Then key for BENQ-OFW.bin does not match the key for BENQ-CFW.bin.
Any suggestion?

Did you try to run the firmware tool in a directory structure like
C:\Firm Tool\makefirmware.bat <--- for example instead of long directory structure? Firmware tool wont make the firmware if you run it from a place that is located folder within folder within folder file type structure.

Hope this makes sence to you as I am writing this in a rush smile.gif

Edited by Ex-CON, 25 April 2008 - 06:40 AM.

#3 rqt

rqt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE(Ex-CON @ Apr 25 2008, 07:16 AM) View Post

Did you try to run the firmware tool in a directory structure like
C:\Firm Tool\makefirmware.bat <--- for example instead of long directory structure? Firmware tool wont make the firmware if you run it from a place that is located folder within folder within folder file type structure.

Hope this makes sence to you as I am writing this in a rush smile.gif

Yeah I did try that but it gives me the same error. Like I said It makes to files in the backup/123456/12345 folder. I get a BENQ-OFW and BENQ-CFW. When I go to check the serial numbers they are different.

I also used caster420 technique to verify it with a hex editor. I see the serial number and it's the same as the one in the BENQ-OFW. However I don't see the version string or the "wisely loves lan" next to the serial number.

Could my dump just a bad one? I've been trying different things for about three weeks now and it's really frustrating.

#4 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:28 PM

Have you disconnected ALL other SATA/IDE devices... maybe you are acidentally dumped from an ODD drive?

#5 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:36 AM

what version benq is it? people have had similar problems with certian versions.

have you tried opening the BENQ-OFW.bin in 360fwtoolbox, and seeing what it reports it at?

i also suggest you make a backup of your 'BACKUPS' folder, then delete the contents of the Backups folder and re-dump the firmware

#6 rqt

rqt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE(scuba156 @ Apr 27 2008, 09:12 AM) View Post

what version benq is it? people have had similar problems with certian versions.

have you tried opening the BENQ-OFW.bin in 360fwtoolbox, and seeing what it reports it at?

i also suggest you make a backup of your 'BACKUPS' folder, then delete the contents of the Backups folder and re-dump the firmware

I'm not sure what you mean by version. If you mean the falcon chip (65nm) then yes. It's the one with the 175w power supply.

I did use the 360fwtoolbox but got an error "firmware version not supported or not a valid firmware file".

I've done the re-dumping multiple times for the last three weeks with different variations. I get the same results. all banks reads ok and I get a check sum them I get the error message from firmtool.

I also found out from Caster420 that keycheck for DOS is not meant to use with BenQ drives. I just thought I put that out there for people.

Caster420 had offer to look at the firmware for me but I haven't heard back(he's still awesome for looking at it for me). I hope he finds the problem.

I don't know if it's me but it seems the BenQ gives people more problems than other drives. Than again it might just be my xbox.

Anyways, any suggestions is always appreciated. BTW I'm not giving up. I just need more info.

#7 rqt

rqt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE(rqt @ Apr 30 2008, 05:54 AM) View Post

I'm not sure what you mean by version. If you mean the falcon chip (65nm) then yes. It's the one with the 175w power supply.

I did use the 360fwtoolbox but got an error "firmware version not supported or not a valid firmware file".

I've done the re-dumping multiple times for the last three weeks with different variations. I get the same results. all banks reads ok and I get a check sum them I get the error message from firmtool.

I also found out from Caster420 that keycheck for DOS is not meant to use with BenQ drives. I just thought I put that out there for people.

Caster420 had offer to look at the firmware for me but I haven't heard back(he's still awesome for looking at it for me). I hope he finds the problem.

I don't know if it's me but it seems the BenQ gives people more problems than other drives. Than again it might just be my xbox.

Anyways, any suggestions is always appreciated. BTW I'm not giving up. I just need more info.

Ok I just re-dumped it using dosflash16 and it gave me better result. I used a HeX editor and I actually have the "wisely loves lan string and I can also see my dvd keys and drive serial #.

However, I do not have a version string. I check the Hex file btw 2000 to 2ff0 no version string. Why?

I'm sure this is a good dump.

Any suggestions?

#8 podger

podger

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:53 AM

Having hdd's connected with very large partitions can cause issues for firmtool in dos.... OggyUK reported this...

Try booting to dos but with you hard drive temporarily disconnected, hopefully this will allow firmtool to complete without errors...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users