X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:14 AM

IMDB- "88 Minutes"

An average movie but not a waste of time. I had a good guess as to "whodunit", but Al Pacino was enjoyable to watch.

#2 hardcandy

hardcandy

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:44 AM

Shoot Em Up- IMDB

"I'm a British nanny and I'm dangerous"

After you start watching, you start waitng for the next improbable stunt by Clive Owen. Sort of a comedy, a take off on action movies. And the main villian played by Paul Giamatti, he is Mr. Average with a mean streak. I recommend it for the entertainment, no morals here.

Edited by hardcandy, 26 April 2008 - 11:46 AM.

#3 yutang1210

yutang1210

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:15 AM

Who is the really The Forbidden Kingdom?

I was asked who is stronger, Jet Li or Jackie Chan . People would say: dream it ten years ago, and ten years later, the answer is in the movie.
Today it is just in my iPod.
The image:
IPB Image
Watch it here:

For movies, the art complex, which is combined with various art elements, some types of movies are always the lucky dogs. Compared with the romance loving movies and the science fiction films, Chinese films with outstanding and unique style—Kung Fu films are impressed for the unmatchable advantage and the splendid beauty.

Therefore, after <The Forbidden Kingdom> is produced, just watch it, words are redundant. However, it is in fallen into the pattern of Hollywood, and is faded in the beauty of myth. The short-term confrontation between the two Kung Fu stars is not enough for the people who have ever expected so long time although it is very splendid. When all the people dream of the confrontation picture, the film is not satisfactory and such a film would be given so much significance.

At last I always want to know who is the king of Kung Fu, so called the king of Kung Fu refers to the person who can combine the own martial concept and the wonderful film together and make it product the composite effect. From the martial concept, Jacky’s opinion is passed that we should keep away from the fighting and avoiding war. For him, we are familiar with the express of his, very panic, turn around, and then run away……when so enemies come forward. This appears twice in this film. Back to <The policeman story> and <The myth>, some scenes can prove too, the store fighting and hundred group fighting. That is not a weak performance, but the strong and wise choice both within and outside the film screen. And he has never been a person just with the good martial. While Jet Li, his martial concept is just like what he said, “fighting comes to the peace finally”, showing very philosophical. The result that he pursues is to win the peace without Kung Fu. As a person with Kung Fu, Jet Li is shaped as the image by this process: the routine by others’ hope to create the prototype and was recommended by xuke, and was recognized by Hollywood. The speed about the Kung Fu is mentioned when he is covered by the Medias during the shoting <Deadly weapon>. His martial concept is reserved and accepted and is making a progress small step by step. For the point, it is not very easy for the person with Kung Fu.

#4 nongying613

nongying613

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:17 AM

Why do you use iTouch? I also can enjoy the two Chinese belles on my PSP.

#5 yutang1210

yutang1210

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE(nongying613 @ Apr 28 2008, 02:53 AM) View Post

Why do you use iTouch? I also can enjoy the two Chinese belles on my PSP.

You can Google it. There is so many links for the film on line. It is suggested to use Pavtube Video to iPod Converter or Videora iPod Converter. Both are good in conversion speed. And it is stable too.

#6 jietjiang

jietjiang

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:25 AM

Please do not change the topic. What this talk about is who the king of Kung Fu is. If referring to other questions, please come to other forums.

Edited by jietjiang, 28 April 2008 - 03:26 AM.

#7 yutang1210

yutang1210

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:40 AM

jietjiang ,thanks, you are right

#8 nongying613

nongying613

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:59 AM

Who is the real The Forbidden Kingdom ?Who are the real heroes in times of trouble?

#9 nongying613

nongying613

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:10 AM

In this worst of the war still exist, I really want to have a real The Forbidden Kingdom to save mankind, the better to maintain peace, long live peace!

#10 jietjiang

jietjiang

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE(nongying613 @ Apr 28 2008, 06:46 AM) View Post

In this worst of the war still exist, I really want to have a real The Forbidden Kingdom to save mankind, the better to maintain peace, long live peace!

The Forbidden Kingdom is about an American teenager who is obsessed with Hong Kong cinema and kung-fu classics and makes an extraordinary discovery in a Chinatown pawnshop: the legendary stick weapon of the Chinese sage and warrior, the Monkey King.

With the lost relic in hand, the teenager unexpectedly finds himself traveling back to ancient China to join a crew of warriors.

IPB Image

#11 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:05 AM

Not sure where the 3 of you have just come from, or what your point is. I do find it strange that you have all signed up on here within 24hrs, and posted from the same IP adresses though.

#12 chenxiang219

chenxiang219

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:18 AM

EM....who is the king of Kung Fu?
I don't know? i will see the film.

#13 chenxiang219

chenxiang219

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:29 PM

who can recommend some films in which there is jackie or jet? I really love Kung Fu. Besides these two people, Bruce Lee is also a super star.

#14 yutang1210

yutang1210

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 02:41 AM

Jet Li in Forbidden Kingdom

IPB Image

Filmed in China and based on the Chinese legend of the Monkey King, "Forbidden Kingdom" tells of Jason (Michael Angarano of TV's "24"), a nerdy Boston teenager and kung fu fan who is befriended by the elderly owner (Chan) of a pawnshop.

When the old man is killed in a robbery, Jason rescues a magical staff and suddenly finds himself transported back to ancient China where he faces the huge task of freeing the fabled Monkey King (Li), imprisoned by a powerful war lord.

His task is fraught with peril until help appears in the form of kung fu master Lu Yan (Chan) and the Silent Monk (Li) who team up with the teenager to defeat the Jade War Lord.

The film's fight sequences were choreographed by Woo-Ping Yuen ("Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon") and despite the fact it was his first time working with Li, said the fights felt as if they had collaborated for a long time.

"It felt so natural after just one rehearsal even when it was very complex. When Woo-Ping said, 'Let's rehearse again,' I said, 'We don't need to — let's just shoot!' And Jet looked at me and went, 'OK! Let's shoot!' It was like a challenge."

Hong Kong-born Chan said he has broken dozens of bones (including his nose three times) since he began working as a stuntman at age 17 following a decade of martial arts and acrobatic training with the China Drama Academy.

#15 hardcandy

hardcandy

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:10 AM

10000 BC IMDB

One of those movies you keep watching hoping it will get better. The idea was good, the director has a good reputation, but it just didn't work out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users