#1 The VGM

The VGM

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:59 AM

I'm going to get my Wii modded and I'd like to know what you guys think the best one out right now is. Reading about the newer ones, I'd have to say it looks like the Wasabi is...

Much thanks.

#2 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:55 AM

The Wasabi has some problems. Seems most of them are fixed when you install with a transistor. If you are getting it installed, ask them to do that for you.

#3 swampy1111

swampy1111

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:58 PM

i prefer the argons ..... bit more work to install but never had any problems with them

#4 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:43 AM

Everyone already knows i am pro ARGON !!

If not Argon then D2Pro sounds good. If you really want Wassabi you might be interested in the Wassbi firmware for the Infectus 2 chip and soon Argon too!

#5 banner

banner

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE(The VGM @ Apr 25 2008, 04:35 AM) View Post

I'm going to get my Wii modded and I'd like to know what you guys think the best one out right now is. Reading about the newer ones, I'd have to say it looks like the Wasabi is...
Much thanks.

Before even asking this question, i have a question for you!!

What chip does ur wii actually have? Once we've been given that, we'll be able to comment on the best chip for your console lol

I know the wasibi does all chips but to be honest, from what ive been hearing, they're having problems!!

I'd stay clear of the wasibi if you dont have a D2C chip and wait for the infectus team to get their fw sorted so their chips will fit any console!!

#6 The VGM

The VGM

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:13 AM

Going by the serial number, it most likely has a D2C chipset.

I'll look into the Argon

#7 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:44 AM

I would go for the d2pro...the guys that made the wiikey and d2ckey. They know what they're doing.

#8 blob_54

blob_54

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:modding, cars, comps
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:33 AM

being an installer, if your modding it yourself I'd recommend the wasabi... you only have to install 3 wires to the actual chip legs and another 6 to other points, its very straight forward chip...
IPB Image

the main differences between all the d2c chips is most of them require a programmer to update the firmware on it... and as of right now the d2ckey you cannot (their is talk about soldering on a connector to be like the d2cpro)

the d2ckey is the cheapest out of all of them and their is no big problems with it, but it is the hardest of them all to install, taking over 30 wires...
IPB Image

so over all I would recommend the wasabi right now because it is currently the only dvd upgradeable chip right now.

blob

Edited by blob_54, 28 April 2008 - 01:34 AM.

#9 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:32 AM

I thought the D2CKey and D2CPro was down to 15 wires??

And a 9 wire solution is coming out any day now... maybe you should just wait for that..

The new 9 wire solution can be updated from DVD-Rom as well, no need for a programmer.

#10 banner

banner

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE(Havok @ Apr 28 2008, 04:08 AM) View Post

I thought the D2CKey and D2CPro was down to 15 wires??

And a 9 wire solution is coming out any day now... maybe you should just wait for that..

The new 9 wire solution can be updated from DVD-Rom as well, no need for a programmer.

Argon or Infectus2 is the way to go....

Argon is mearly a wii chip whereas the infectus2 not only does wii's but it also does 360's / ps2's
Basically the infectus2 is a multi console chip.

Being an installer myself, ive never fitted anything other then an infectus2.

Infectus team are now, soon to come out, new firmware which allow the infectus2 to be installed on all models of wii's like the wasabi)
Currently it uses 13 wires (like the argon) and soon, again like the wasabi, 9 wires. Once theyve sorted the new firmware out ull also be able to update via dvd.

Infectus team have their own site and not only do they give TECHNICAL SUPPORT to both resellers AND[u] the public....they're also in the forums themselfs!!!

#11 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:26 AM

D2pro is 9 wires now.

#12 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:55 AM

THe D2pro 9 wire is called D2pro9. It's out already. I don't know if stores are sending out shippments yet though.

#13 BuyItModIt

BuyItModIt

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Modding, especially XBOX mods.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:30 PM

My local installer said to me that the argon & low wire chips are less reliable than the 30wire ones like the d2ckey & d2c pro.

Don't get d2pro & d2c pro mixed up though, the d2pro is low wire count, d2c pro is 30+ wires.

Also there's a new thing called a wii clip that is good for modders who don't have smd soldering equipment.

Edited by BuyItModIt, 14 May 2008 - 07:32 PM.

#14 Ave

Ave

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:51 PM

d2pro9 is the best solution out there right now. The older high wire count solutions work fine as well, but 9-wire is where things are going, so it is best to get on that now, especially given the frequency of updates. There is also a new d2pro9 coming soon which will work on new d2c chips that are currently unmoddable. Before anyone asks, you cannot tell it is unmoddable until you put the chip in.

#15 fuleuro

fuleuro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE(throwingks @ Apr 25 2008, 02:31 AM) View Post

The Wasabi has some problems. Seems most of them are fixed when you install with a transistor. If you are getting it installed, ask them to do that for you.

Hi there!

Does anybody know where I can find the transistor installation scheme for the wasabi?

And is this "transistor fix" also suitable for the D2Pro?

Thanks in advance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users