#1 missy247

missy247

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:27 PM

I have just flashed my friends hitachi 47DJ drive with no errors and its saying unplayable disc. Originals work fine and im sure it flashed coz i can enter mode B by booting with tray open.
I have tried the method in textbooks tutorial using all speeds (iXtreme 1.4 Hitachi)and have also tried firmware toolbox but nothing works.
The backups work fine in my sammy ms28 which is flashed with samsung iXtreme1.4 8x
Is there any other tools available for this drive.
Also is it correct that i can get any xbox drive and spoof it to hitachi if so what is the best drive. Thanx Jen

#2 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(missy247 @ Apr 28 2008, 05:03 PM) View Post

I have just flashed my friends hitachi 47DJ drive with no errors and its saying unplayable disc. Originals work fine and im sure it flashed coz i can enter mode B by booting with tray open.
I have tried the method in textbooks tutorial using all speeds (iXtreme 1.4 Hitachi)and have also tried firmware toolbox but nothing works.
The backups work fine in my sammy ms28 which is flashed with samsung iXtreme1.4 8x
Also is it correct that i can get any xbox drive and spoof it to hitachi if so what is the best drive. Thanx Jen

Hitachi drives only read high quality media because the lasers are crap.
So make sure that you are using Verbatims(Singapore is better than India).
If this doesnt fix the problem it will be the laser or the motor which spins the disc.
So make sure that you clean it if you see that it is dusty. If this still didnt fix it you will have to tweak the pot of the laser, how to do that is explained here http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=517961 .
If all this doesnt work your last option is to replace the laser or to get a completely new dvd-drive...

#3 missy247

missy247

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE(Wilhelm_I @ Apr 29 2008, 02:34 AM) View Post

So make sure that you are using Verbatims(Singapore is better than India).
If this doesnt fix the problem it will be the laser or the motor which spins the disc.
So make sure that you clean it if you see that it is dusty. If this still didnt fix it you will have to tweak the pot of the laser, how to do that is explained here http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=517961 .
If all this doesnt work your last option is to replace the laser or to get a completely new dvd-drive...

Thanx for the help im already using the singapore verbs and cleaned the drive (which was VERY dusty) but it hasnt helped. I will look into the pot tweak. But i think a new drive might be easier for me.

#4 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(Wilhelm_I @ Apr 28 2008, 05:34 PM) View Post

Both Hitachis and Samsungs use HD-63 lasers - I think you mean they're calibrated to be weaker in Hitachis than Samsungs. My v47 was reading at 4.7k - I brought it down to 3.0k and it's now ok.

#5 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Apr 28 2008, 09:37 PM) View Post

Both Hitachis and Samsungs use HD-63 lasers - I think you mean they're calibrated to be weaker in Hitachis than Samsungs. My v47 was reading at 4.7k - I brought it down to 3.0k and it's now ok.

Yepp thats what I meant thanks for pointing that out

#6 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE(missy247 @ Apr 28 2008, 11:03 AM) View Post

just out of curiosity, how did you make your backups? the ixtreme firmware will only boot properly stealthed backups. i believe unplayable disc is the error it spits out at a bad backup.

#7 missy247

missy247

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Apr 29 2008, 08:49 AM) View Post

just out of curiosity, how did you make your backups? the ixtreme firmware will only boot properly stealthed backups. i believe unplayable disc is the error it spits out at a bad backup.

The backups are stealth they play fine on my iXtreme samsung and were ripped with a kreon drive i adjusted the pot today and got 1 of my backups to boot after several attempts at the hd\av trick but none of my other backups work. could it be my LG-4167B burner?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users