Photo

Supreme Court Rules Photo Id Req For Voting Ok.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:17 PM

well, it would seem that for once the supreme court did something right.

http://news.yahoo.co...scotus_voter_id

sections been a bit dead lately, figured i'd post this and see if it invigorates some discussion

by age 18 (minimum voting age), i think it is a reasonable expectation to think that everyone will have an id. the state has taken every possible angle to make this plan feasible. i support showing an id to vote.

Indiana provides IDs free of charge to people without driver's licenses. It also allows voters who lack photo ID's to cast a provisional ballot and then show up within 10 days at their county courthouse to produce identification or otherwise attest to their identity.

if someone isn't willing to go get a free id, i don't think they can complain about being left out of the voting process. i think all states should adopt this policy. (although i'm not going to hold my breath on my home state of massachusetts)

Edited by Reaper527, 28 April 2008 - 10:18 PM.

#2 damam

damam

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:argueing for the sake of arguement alone
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:05 PM

this was the biggest no brainer. i cant believe its even up for debate. i would love to see california and chicago adopt this in particular. I can practically hear the screams of voter disenfranchisement right now.

#3 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE(damam @ Jun 13 2008, 06:41 PM) View Post

this was the biggest no brainer. i cant believe its even up for debate. i would love to see california and chicago adopt this in particular. I can practically hear the screams of voter disenfranchisement right now.

i can hear it too. "but if we require an id in california, the mexican illegal immigrants can't vote for obama, we can't disenfranchise the foreign vote!?!!!11!!"

#4 damam

damam

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:argueing for the sake of arguement alone
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:16 PM

i believe you are forgetting about the "recently deceased" vote as well. How can we disenfranchise them as well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users