• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:53 AM

Iwata: Microsoft 'Wiimote' is no threat to Nintendo
Posted by XanTium | May 1 19:53 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From mcvuk.com:

Nintendo President dismisses impact rival's rumoured motion-sensing controller could have on his business

He said: "I am also aware of the [Microsoft Wiimote] rumour and have seen a fake image made by a fan on the web which looks like a Wii Remote with the rumour that such a controller may be launched, However there is no way for us to comment on such speculations.

"All I can say today is, it is not that easy to develop software which leverages the characteristics of the Wii Remote. We are not concerned about what other companies may do but rather more concerned with presenting them with new ideas to our customers based on the prospect that our existing customers will surely get tired of the plays enabled by Wii Remote if we do not try to improve the experience.

Full Story: mcvuk.com

#2 Mr Invader

Mr Invader

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:21 AM

New ideas?

Like this one: http://news.teamxbox...ame-Controller/

Playing a game with a "wii remote" on a serious console like the 360, there's an idea. tongue.gif

Edited by Mr Invader, 02 May 2008 - 02:23 AM.

#3 majik655

majik655

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:02 AM

"...... We are not concerned about what other companies may do but rather more concerned with presenting them with new ideas to our customers based on the prospect that our existing customers will surely get tired of the plays enabled by Wii Remote if we do not try to improve the experience.

Say what? is it just me or is that the longest sentence in history.
I get confused half way through lol

#4 Andrew_Roy

Andrew_Roy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE(majik655 @ May 1 2008, 10:38 PM) View Post

"...... We are not concerned about what other companies may do but rather more concerned with presenting them with new ideas to our customers based on the prospect that our existing customers will surely get tired of the plays enabled by Wii Remote if we do not try to improve the experience.
Say what? is it just me or is that the longest sentence in history.
I get confused half way through lol

I think he said that Nintendo is trying to find new and better ways to use the Wii Remote so their customers won't get tired of the same old stuff and that he is more concerned with that than he is with their competition trying to copy what Nintendo is already doing.

#5 hardcandy

hardcandy

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:34 AM

I think they should develop some "adult" games. I mean the Wimote even has a plastic sleeve available. And the xbox controller is an odd shape, but people can be inventive.
I bet you would see sales take off then.
Sort of like sales of Rez took off when folks found out Trance Vibrators felt good.

"A "Special Package" version of the PlayStation 2 release of the game was sold in Japan only, including a USB device called a Trance Vibrator, which pulses in time with the music. The intended use of the device would be to hold it, put it in a pocket, or sit on it while playing (a pouch was provided to protect the device); similar to the DualShock, it would vibrate in time with the music, but stronger than the DualShock's own feedback, helping to extend the synesthesia to the player's feeling of touch. While not explicitly marketed as a sex toy or masturbatory aid, it has reportedly been used as such.[5][6] The devices are available from various aftermarket retailers for (as of 2006) approximately $35 USD. The trance vibrator is also compatible with Space Channel 5: Part 2 and the Japanese version of Disaster Report.

Reverse-engineering efforts to allow the Trance Vibrator to attach to and be controlled by a PC have been successfully executed in Japan, resulting in a device driver for Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 2000. Drivers are also available for Unix-based operating systems such as Linux.

The Xbox 360 version, Rez HD utilizes up to 3 additional controllers for the trance vibration functionality in the game."

gamegirladvance- one person's story

Edited by hardcandy, 02 May 2008 - 03:34 AM.

#6 SNAAAKE

SNAAAKE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:41 PM

why not ? MORE games can be created for the xbox360 with wiimote support. wii is cool and all but 90% of the games on it sucks. only nintendo make good games for their console.

#7 ShadowElitePro

ShadowElitePro

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Interests:Halo 3 <br />Football<br />Airsoft<br />Xbox 360
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:12 PM

IMO they should be scared, if Microsoft can pull off this "Wiimote" then its possible to steal the Wii's apeal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users