PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:46 AM

Survey: Blu-Ray Movie Viewing On PS3 On The Rise
Posted by XanTium | 1-5-2008 23:46 EST

From gamasutra.com:

According to a new Warner Home Video survey, customers are increasingly using PlayStation 3 consoles to watch Blu-Ray video content, with the percentages of both number of households and time spent watching rising from late 2007 to early 2008.

Sanders indicated that the amount of time PlayStation 3 users spent watching Blu-ray videos rose from 15 percent of console usage in the fourth quarter of 2007 to 23 percent in January and February of 2008.

The Warner exec also said that the amount of PlayStation 3 purchasers using the console as a Blu-ray player rose significantly - from 53 percent in September of 2007 to 80 percent early in 2008.

Full Story: gamasutra.com

#2 irnchriz

irnchriz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:13 AM

Apart from GTA IV and COD4 what else is there to do with a PS3?

I use mine for BR and media streaming. oh, and remote play. which seems to be broken now. It won't switch on remotely after the last update. ?!?!

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:19 AM

How the chuff can they possibly know this. Did they ask everyone who owns one?

#4 tummybanana

tummybanana

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:51 AM

and in an earlier post, since hd dvd is on the way out blu ray sales have not spiked, i smell something brown and comes from a cow

#5 HotKnife420

HotKnife420

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(Chancer @ May 2 2008, 09:55 AM) View Post

How the chuff can they possibly know this. Did they ask everyone who owns one?

Apparently not, cause I just ordered the Harry Potter BD set from them (which I also tried to cancel when they told me it'd be 3 weeks. Upon trying to cancel, they rushed a set to my door). They never asked me what I would be playing them on, and didn't even apologize for sending me a broken box.... now I gotta goto my local cinram and see if they can swap the box for me.

#6 tummybanana

tummybanana

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:13 PM

even tho its been reported that blu sales are down, the timing of this article tries to play the market up again.....
seeing as it was commisioned by warners, i get the feeling that they arent seeing the numbers they were more than likely promised by the bda and are getting a tad nervous, especially after the profits that they did make from hd dvd are being eaten by the cost of manufacturing bd and they are not seeing the same amount of returns....

this is all my opinion, but they should have stayed with what they we originally going to do, and that was to stay with hd dvd, cheap, reliable, no need for a million firmware updates just to play a title, granted hd dvd needed the odd one here and there
not to mention the million-ish standalone players around the world

im speaking for myself but i never bought into the bs around the ps3 or blu ray in general,now bd+ has been cracked wide open (who honestly didnt see that coming), except for the vastly unused space on bd it has nothing going for it at all, except a way to fleece movielovers of there hard earned, at least toshiba had the right idea, they took the hit while the punters got the goods at a good price and have change left over

im not interested in a product that isnt better than the one i was interested in, so my money is staying with hd dvd while i can still get them, hi def satellite and downloads too....

WHEN bd players are full function, discs are cheap and are dual format, ill think about it, and even then im not so sure.....

the whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth, expecially after warners did an unbelievable job on bladerunner (suitcase edition) which i watched just before the warners knife in the back, as that is one of my all time fave movies, like i said, its my opinion sleep.gif

#7 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:27 PM

^^^
You're still trying to revive a horse that has been dead months. This is nothing to do with HD-DVD v BR any more. You bought into a format that died learn to accept it graciously.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users