• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:13 PM

It's official
Nintendo has made a hardware revision to the Wii DVD drive circuit board that blocks all current D2C mod chips from working.

Reports on other forums have people stating they have tried ARGON, D2Pro and Wassabi and none work. (I have not heard if D2CKEY works but i assume no)

The Drive Chip is still called the GC2-D2C but what i have noticed is that the second row of numbers normally underneath that line is no longer present.

I tried installing a ARGON in a new wii last night and when it didn't work i found a few posts that these are turning up so I figured i would get a thread started here to warn people as well.

So LU567xxxxxxx = BAD!!!! AVOID!! Other serial number ranges are sure to come.

I am hoping that Infectus will be first to come out with firmware for these new drives as i just ordered a bunch of ARGONS.

And now for some pictures..

IPB Image

IPB Image

HOW TO IDENTIFY NEW MAY 2008 D2C's
IPB Image

#2 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:16 PM

CORRECTION: I said "So LU567xxxxxxx = BAD!!!! AVOID!! Other serial number ranges are sure to come."

The Serial number of the bad one i got was LU341xxxxxx

Basically if you are buying a Wii today you are probably getting the new version.

#3 chinozzz

chinozzz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ May 2 2008, 06:52 PM) View Post

CORRECTION: I said "So LU567xxxxxxx = BAD!!!! AVOID!! Other serial number ranges are sure to come."

The Serial number of the bad one i got was LU341xxxxxx

Basically if you are buying a Wii today you are probably getting the new version.

I have a LU565xxxxxx that is also this new chip, I installed a Wasabi and it did not work. The wii still plays the originals with the chip installed, so maybe they will come out with an update and it can just be updated....

chinozzz

#4 chinozzz

chinozzz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 12:56 AM

Ok here is the update, the wii actually does play older games but Mario Kart shows up in the menu but when you click on it, it goes to a black screen.

So either the chip is new and the firmware on it is old, or the Wasabi works with it...

#5 chinozzz

chinozzz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:15 AM

Ok the Wii plays everything perfect after the online update... So dont know if this chip is actually different, or if some people are just getting bunk chips or bad installs...

#6 Ave

Ave

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:53 PM

You cannot tell by the serial or by looking inside, as it is inconsistent. You have to actually install a chip to see if it works. The serial method is not 100%, and I have modded numerous ones in the "unmoddable" range. There will also be a solution in a few weeks time, so even if it does not work now, it will soon.

#7 poseidonf10

poseidonf10

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:13 AM

This is really bad sad.gif
I got my Wii on early may 2008 and got the GC2-D2C with no second row numbers. I put a D2Ckey chip but It doen't work. I believe that I install without any problem and the connections is good, but I spend 2 day for working out but it still doen't work.
Is there anyone get it work with any mod chip on the wii with the dame GC2-D2C.

Edited by poseidonf10, 30 May 2008 - 12:15 AM.

#8 thetig

thetig

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:xbox 360 modding..
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:00 AM

The new d2pro version 2.0 is compatible with all drive chipsets including the new d2c2 chipset.
I have them in stock if you need any.
smile.gif

#9 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE(thetig @ Jun 11 2008, 06:36 AM) View Post

The new d2pro version 2.0 is compatible with all drive chipsets including the new d2c2 chipset.
I have them in stock if you need any.
smile.gif

Thanks for bringing that up. I just got my first two D2pro v2 chips yesterday and just finished testing them in D2C2 consoles.
So far the chips have worked 100% as advertized. I have not experienced the "eject bug" or anything like that. As expected from a leg hater I did the Alternate VIA install and have no regrets. If you are a chronic leg bridger then pull the board and use the via's god damn it!!

On my first install i wrapped the clock wire with ground but on the instal shown here i decided it was probably not needed.

Of course i took pictures and had some photoshop fun with them and showed some close ups. smile.gif

Ultra Hi-Res Version HERE > D2Pro 9 Via Install HIRES

LOW RES - \/
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users