• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 willi1s

willi1s

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 07:58 AM

I asked this on the newbe forums, but no response, so do you guys know???

I have upgraded my HDD using an evox tutorial, where you boot with evox, run the backup command, then copy the disk.bin to a new CDRW with evox and a modified evox.ini to format the drive and partition it correctly using disk.bin

This all worked fine, but now my friend wants me to upgrade his drive for him, my question is can I still use the disk I created last time with the disk.bin on it? or do I need to run the back-up command on his drive and copy his disk.bin to a new CDRW?

I'd like to know before I knacker his new drive.

Does anyone know what the disk.bin is really used for?

Thanks.

#2 TazMania

TazMania

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 09:11 AM

Hi smile.gif

Sorry for asking, but isn't much easier to

1: backup e: & f:
2: download slayers autoinstaller
3: burn it to an cdrw or dvd
4: boot with the newly created cd ?

http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=16&t=47876

Best regards.
Taz

#3 willi1s

willi1s

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 02:11 PM

maybe, but I like to know exactly what is going on, and while slayers may be simple to use, it's a little over complicated for my liking, I want to know exactly what has gone on and why and what version of each app I have ended up with.

So back to the origional question, does anyone know if I can use the disk.bin from another machine to format the new drive on my mates machine.

I would just create a new disk, but I doing this at work and I don't have a CD writer here. This also applies to the use of slayers auto installer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users