• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Xclan

Xclan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:23 AM

Hello all, I have a V1.6 and I installed the DUO X2 GS White chip. I originaly had problems and then resoldered the LPC. I was then able to flash the chip via the web interface in flashbios. After flashing I am now getting the red and green flashing. If I switch the chip to Bank 0, then it will boot to the cromwell bios. But Bank 1 is toast. How can I get this thing going?

Thanks,
X

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:50 AM

Boot bank 0 and use Eurasia as your flash app. The read me with it tells you how. You will basically need to burn the Eurasia ISO to disc and also make up a bios disc with your 1.6 bios on it. It must be 512K in size and labelled bios.bin on the disc.
When you are at the point where you are instructed to insert the bios disc, simply use a non metallic object to flick the switch to Bank 1. The flash will go over the bad bank, leaving the Cromwell bank intact.

#3 Xclan

Xclan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:25 PM

I wil give that a try this afternoon, thanks for the info. I have chosen the M8 + V1.6 as the bios. Is that the one I should be using?

Thanks again!
X

#4 Xclan

Xclan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:53 PM

I've done a little reading and I think where I screwed up was that M8 Bios. It's only 256. I read that X2_5035_v16plus_512k is the one to go with. I will post results this evening.

#5 Xclan

Xclan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:21 AM

Worked perfectly! Thank you very much for the great info Chancer. I booted with the Eurasia disk then flipped the switch. Put in the Bios disk and flashed the bad Bank 0. Good info and it is now booting.

X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users