Photo

Want To Reflash Sst 49lf002b With Help Of Computer !

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 altainta

altainta

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

Hello by using eur asia flasher disk 1.3 i flashed a wrong image on the aladdin xt 4032 modchip which consist 'SST 49LF002B 33-4C-NHE ' I removed it from the chip with the help of the teaser.. now i would like to Reflash it by erasing the wrong image from the chip...
How to do that ?
How can i make my own ?

Also why does there is no page (even Archieve .com doesn't have the copy) of Wmilk cheaplpc and cheapmod... ? any body have the page ?

http://warmcat.com/m...p/cheapLPC.html
http://warmcat.com/m...p/cheapmod.html

For more reference here is the complete reference of my problem
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=649485

I would like to reflash the bios at any cost...
I do not have the original games like 007, mechassault, or splitter cell...

The xbox is completely off the market...
No friend have the XBOX...No body i mean really no body whom i know have it... so can't hot swap...

Can this guide help me ? http://rex.xbox-scen...-Rev1/LPC2.html
or
http://rex.xbox-scen.../LPC2/LPC2.html
Imp : Can i Soft Mod than Flash the SST ?

Edited by altainta, 06 May 2008 - 04:31 PM.

#2 altainta

altainta

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:34 PM

Okay now i done Softmodding Ndure 3.1 with Xhdm
i would like to know can i flash from there ?

What happen is i see unleashx dash
Than i put Eur 1.3 flasher cd inside it and click Launch DVD
than it load linux than it says insert cd of bios.bin
i insert it
now it says this...

CODE
UNKOWN Device Read Only??? manf=0x09, dev=0x00

can i flash from there ?

(Eur asia disc 1.3 do not have any kind of problem even the cd used for the bios.bin)

In short = Can Softmodding be used to Flash the modchip Eeprom sst 49lf002b (hard modding)?

Edited by altainta, 06 May 2008 - 09:37 PM.

#3 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:46 PM

See lordvader's reply in this thread I think the same principle applies.

Lordvader or chancer will be able to advise further.

Networkboy's site has a handdrawn diagram of the lpc programmer:
http://xbx.networkbo...sch.sized.shtml

Edited by ldotsfan, 07 May 2008 - 02:50 PM.

#4 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,751 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE(altainta @ May 6 2008, 08:02 AM) View Post

The xbox is completely off the market...
No friend have the XBOX...No body i mean really no body whom i know have it... so can't hot swap...

you dont need another xbox to hotswap, you need another chip (which probably is just an unhelpful) but you can order a cheap chip from online, then resell when your done

#5 altainta

altainta

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ May 8 2008, 10:48 AM) View Post

you dont need another xbox to hotswap, you need another chip (which probably is just an unhelpful) but you can order a cheap chip from online, then resell when your done

I can't have other chip...
See the main problem if i buy a new chip and repair the old and try to sell the new chip it will not work because nobody is there who will buy it (in india)....(even on ebay.in)

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ May 7 2008, 07:52 PM) View Post

See lordvader's reply in this thread I think the same principle applies.

Lordvader or chancer will be able to advise further.

Networkboy's site has a handdrawn diagram of the lpc programmer:
http://xbx.networkbo...sch.sized.shtml

I pmed Chancer on the first day of the problem but he didn't replied....
More over the Networkboy's lpc programmer is a little hard for me to understand...

Here is a little more detail of the chip
IPB Image

#6 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:58 PM

If you don't have a xbox 1.6 and don't need live, you can always flash your tsop. Then you don't need your modchip anymore.

#7 altainta

altainta

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ May 8 2008, 09:04 PM) View Post

If you don't have a xbox 1.6 and don't need live, you can always flash your tsop. Then you don't need your modchip anymore.

First of all thx for reply so soon... i really appreciate that ... Thank you !

As per my knowledge (after fetching a lot of xboxscene pages) i know that 1.6a doesn't consist tsop
not only that but i think 1.6 range do not consist TSOP
Sources : How To Flash A 1.6 Tsop., This is the first tutorial.

http://www.xbox-linu..._flashing_HOWTO
CODE
On Version 1.6 Xboxes the BIOS is no longer stored on a flashable chip. This means replacement of the BIOS is not possible without the use of a modchip.

While i was using eur asia flasher disk (on softmodded) it didn't flashed anything.. and returned the code...
That means there is no TSOP.

I have 1.6 version...

Edited by altainta, 08 May 2008 - 04:42 PM.

#8 altainta

altainta

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:54 AM

Still need some help

http://www.eurasia.n...o...48&forum=75

'Boxcutter' of EurAsia forum tried to help me but i m little confused in it kindly help me to understand....
A detailed information is present on the link

#9 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:30 AM

Hi,

the flash rom used in your modchip is not the same type that is used in cheapmods. So, the selfmade LPC programmers won't work.

With the chip not being switchable, Boxcutter means that you should wire the chip so that it can't be disabled.

The BT signal is probably used to enable / disable the chip at bootup. I have no experience with your specific chip model.

You succeeded in softmodding your xbox. Why do you still want to install the chip? Pretty much everything you can do with a chipped xbox is also possible with a softmodded one.

The best method to flash the chip whould be finding someone with a programmer who can do the job for you.
A flash rom chip has minimum 8 data lines and 16 or more address lines. Building a programmer that can manipulate that amount of signals is not an easy job.

I don't know if the method boxcutter describes will work. Removing the D0 wire doesn't hurt. Installing the whole chip while the xbox is powered on looks a bit tricky to me.

I have now idea what the L1 signal is used for. My executer 3 chip has a LF signal which might be the same?
I think it is a signal only needed for 1.6 xboxes. Maybe someone else will be able to explain it. I only have 1 modchip and I only use it for repair purposes.

So, basically, if you connect the BT of your chip to GND, and you leave the D0 disconnected, your xbox should boot in a softmodded state.

The question is if you can flash your modchip in that state. At least, you don't have to be afraid something else like your TSOP will get flashed.

regards.

#10 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:56 PM

If you choose to stay with a softmod, backup your eeprom to eeprom.bin with configmagic or xman954's eeprom reader tool. After that you will be able to do hdd upgrades. The only other things the current softmods cannot do over a modchip/tsop that comes to mind is to alter the flubber animation and run off an unlocked hdd. Other than that, the softmod should satisfy most of your needs.

#11 altainta

altainta

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:46 PM

Problem Solved For Future Reference I am Adding this tutorial to this forum and will add to xbox-scene tutorial section...

Reference : Eur Asia Forum Reflashing SST 49LF002B << This Link Also Contain Images..

Modchip : Alladin XT 4032 Xenochip
Flash rom on modchip : SST 49LF002B
Problem : Flashed Incorrect Bios and modchip is not functioning and i am not able to flash it now...

Solution :
Here are the instruction for any one who flashed wrong bios

1) Remove every wire from the chip (i mean L1 or BT etc) and Just Keep D0 wire..

2) Remove the Modchip from the Pin header...

3) Join BT and GND with a Wire (solder it)

4) Boot in the Softmodded mode... (Use Ndure + XHDM for softmodding) otherwise the Eur Asia 1.3 Flasher disk will not boot (load)..

5) Load DVD or CD-RW of flasher disk eur asia 1.3.. (or u can use Evolution x Dash to flash it but i do not know how to config it if u do use that method but i think Eur Asia 1.3 flasher is best for this chip)

6) Now it will ask to insert CD (With Evox Dash before selecting the flashing option)... Put the Modchip back on the Pin header and insert a CD in the cd drive which contains only 'bios.bin' (do select suitable one now) (My alladin needs 256kb bios m8+_16 or something it is backup file of mien)

7) Now it will flash the SST 49LF002B or what ever Chip it contain ( i think soo)

Note : Check the Attached Image for the Reference
Credit : eurasia.nu forums 's BoxCutter

Edited by altainta, 09 May 2008 - 02:59 PM.

#12 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:04 PM

Interesting ... that means in theory by leveraging on the softmod to run unsigned code, and hotswap the chip onto the pinheader with D0 connected to flash the correct bios, even a 256k chip with a single bank with wrong bios can be restored to health.

I'm speculating this will apply to the cheapmod as well - that will mean you can flash the cheapmod via softmod by doing pinheader hotswapping. Can anybody confirm at least the theory?

Edited by ldotsfan, 09 May 2008 - 03:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users