• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 excalibe

excalibe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:30 AM

Is anybody else experiencing problems with their XBMC Weather? My Weather section isn't displaying anything--everything else is working fine and my XBOX is indeed connected to the Internet (e.g., RSS feeds are working).

I upgraded to the latest build (5/4/08) but that didn't seem to solve it. It's really odd--I can go into the settings and change the area code/city, and it performs a lookup on weather.com to retrieve the correct city--but when I go back to refresh my weather settings, it not only fails to display any weather--but it does so with the old cities.

I'm wondering if anybody else is experiencing this type of weird behavior, and if anybody knows how to fix it.

Thanks.

#2 Stefan Leroux

Stefan Leroux

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:07 AM

From what I can tell, everyone will be experiencing it. It's because the site scraped has changed its url method, but that's hardcoded into XBMC so there won't be an easy fix/scraper install to solve it. The devs already know of the issue so hopefully it should be solved by the next build, but obviously that depends on their priorities.

#3 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:20 PM

the fix is in , it will be in the next build ..

#4 vmaxvboost

vmaxvboost

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:33 PM

If you are re-coding the weather section of XBMC, I'd LOVE to have more than 3 cities to choose from.

The little that I know about programming, is it a matter of extending the limits of a loop

for i = 1 to 3

goes to

i = 1 to 8

????

If you could add that functionality, that would be great

Thank you. I am continually amazed at what XBMC and its developers have done with a 10 year old computer.

Brian

#5 DeeDubLU

DeeDubLU

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:44 PM

I'm very new to this.... my weather feature stopped as well. what are the options?

#6 Cocophone

Cocophone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(DeeDubLU @ May 8 2008, 10:20 AM) View Post

I'm very new to this.... my weather feature stopped as well. what are the options?

1. Compile XBMC yourself from the svn

or

2. Wait 2 weeks for a new compiled version from T3CH

#7 jmarshall

jmarshall

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:13 PM

vmaxvboost: A limitation of the weather.com API access agreement is that we only use 3 locations.

#8 DjSnake86

DjSnake86

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 12:37 AM

my XBMC is connected to internet and to shared folders, displays RSS feeds but weather doesn't work since 4-5 days

#9 rakan

rakan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 12:42 AM

I am also having the same problem. Sometime last week everything was working fine and then suddenly the weather stopped working. I haven't made any major changes to XBMC since I installed it

#10 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 May 2008 - 04:34 AM

You guys really need to start reading forum threads before posting in them the 3 post in here says
the fix is in , it will be in the next build ..

and if you read the t3ch thread you will see a big explination as to why it happened its all weather.coms fault nothing xbmc did

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users