3 replies to this topic

#1 Benu

Benu

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:06 AM

Does anyone know of a decent online store where you can buy a wireless N adapter that works with the 360.. a bridge or gaming adapter etc? (im looking for an ethernet connection, obviously not USB).

#2 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:41 PM

Any router will do but be sure to get the same brand as the device you're connecting to (eg. the other router). Wireless N is still a draft and not every hardware understands all the others.
Just a Question... Why'd you need N? G is enough for HD movie streaming and gaming and a N router accepts connections from b,g and n clients except you configured it not too.

#3 Benu

Benu

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE(Scan-C @ May 9 2008, 09:17 PM) View Post

Any router will do but be sure to get the same brand as the device you're connecting to (eg. the other router). Wireless N is still a draft and not every hardware understands all the others.
Just a Question... Why'd you need N? G is enough for HD movie streaming and gaming and a N router accepts connections from b,g and n clients except you configured it not too.

i was getting a real poor performance with my current G setup. However, I've since solved it, by changing the position of my router - so it's all good smile.gif

#4 froggger

froggger

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:00 AM

Don't forget, wifi G with some kind of speedbooster will max out the xbox's NIC.
wifiG-108mbps NIC-100mbps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users