PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:09 AM

SCEE boss: 'You probably will see' PS3 GTA 4 DLC
Posted by XanTium | 8-5-2008 0:09 EST

From videogamer.com:

When we caught up with Reeves after his presentation to media at SCEE's PlayStation Day in London last night and asked him whether it was damaging to Sony and the PS3 that there is no GTA 4 DLC coming, he replied: "Well I think you probably will see it, it's just that a deal obviously was struck between Microsoft and Take 2 to do that, and if that's what they want to do, I think that's the last shot they have."

We then asked Reeves if he had any message for PS3 fans who are wondering if there is going to be any PS3 GTA 4 DLC, and he replied: "I would say to them then, you know, email Rockstar (laughs), and ask them what's coming. I think they already are, probably!"

Full Story: videogamer.com

#2 HotKnife420

HotKnife420

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:40 AM

We most likely will. I think it's only been confirmed that the 360 will have "exclusive" content, but never that all DLC would be exclusive to the 360. Theoretically, the content for the 360 could be slightly different than PS3 content (though I think for the money MS paid, it'll be quite unique).

#3 Blast

Blast

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(HotKnife420 @ May 8 2008, 08:16 AM) View Post

We most likely will. I think it's only been confirmed that the 360 will have "exclusive" content, but never that all DLC would be exclusive to the 360. Theoretically, the content for the 360 could be slightly different than PS3 content (though I think for the money MS paid, it'll be quite unique).

If I recall, the deal with M$ was for two episodes of downloadable content exclusively for the Xbox360, BUT that doesn't mean Sony can't pay the same/less/more than M$ and make them make two more episodes that are totally unrelated to the ones M$ made, but this time of course exclusively for the PS3.

I think Sony are a bit pissed at the whole thing honestly and it wouldn't surprise me if that tried it that way.

Edited by Blast, 08 May 2008 - 03:17 PM.

#4 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:58 PM

i dont care as long as i get some extra gta when im done with the main game laugh.gif

#5 utopaline

utopaline

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:19 PM

I just love how so many PPL are pissed about the exclusive DLC for the 360. Sony paid Millions to Rockstar to keep GTA3 an exclusive for as long as they did, and no one said BOO about it. I just think that's funny. M$ finally fights back and now everyone is up in arms about it. Oh well, win one more for 360 pop.gif

#6 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE(utopaline @ May 10 2008, 06:55 PM) View Post

I just love how so many PPL are pissed about the exclusive DLC for the 360. Sony paid Millions to Rockstar to keep GTA3 an exclusive for as long as they did, and no one said BOO about it. I just think that's funny. M$ finally fights back and now everyone is up in arms about it. Oh well, win one more for 360 pop.gif

I doubt any of these guys care as they all have 360s as well.
If you keep up with news on other sites you will see that DLC will be offered at some stage on the PS3 (not the same as the 360) so why would anyone be bothered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users