Photo

Hitachi46dh Windows Code10 Can't Flash Help!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 zilverzilvia

zilverzilvia

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:39 PM

Hello all! Thanks ahead of time for the help.

I have a Hitachi-LG 46dh drive. Now, my computer is a dell dimension 8200, and it doesn't have any sata connections to the motherboard. I bought this card: http://tekgems.com/P...i22-vt6421a.htm.
I installed the card with drivers with driver 5.70b.
I put the drive in CodeB (im pretty sure its in Code B, flashing green led, press eject 2ce to open or close etc.) and connect to the sata connected to this pci card.

When i turn on my comp, first windows freezes at boot screen (windows logo and the blue horizontal scrolling bar). I eject and 'ject' until windows boots up like I've read. This is where I cant figure it out.

Windows does not recognize the drive. When I go to hardware manager i can see the VIA VT6421A RAID card with the yellow triangle and exclamation over the raid icon. When i go to properties I see that is has a CODE10 and cannot start the drive. I've tried different drivers, I did the crosswire codeb multiple times, and still get the code10.

Basically my question is, anyone with this card have this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

#2 zilverzilvia

zilverzilvia

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:55 AM

BUMP
Well, I've tried more drivers, and i still get the code 10. I've tried about 10 times (turning everything off to start fresh).

PLEASE help me, I'm so frustrated, I've been browsing the forum for the past 4 hours and I cannot find a solution. I don't have another tower comp readily available, so I have to make this work. Does anyone have ANY ideas?

#3 swampy1111

swampy1111

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:53 AM

uninstall the drivers and then try it, i have some hitachis that work and others that don't
i have to use my onboard sata for some

#4 zoomerman

zoomerman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:modding and modding some more
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:21 AM

hey m8 add the latest driver download for your card also have a look about on here you prob need to boot using slax as its a hitachi and also there is a full tut on flashing using a vt6421 sata card this will guide you through it im sure its just a driver issue or u need slax

#5 podger

podger

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 10 May 2008 - 11:07 AM

A lot of 46's & 47's just don't work with the Via6421, I'm not sure why, but it may be due to the the SATA termination on the DVD drive, only coz the 78/79 work perfectly and the SATA termination is different on these boards...

I have a 47 and my PC doesn't even get to code 10, it just freezes but starts again when I uplug the 47...

I use a cheap USB 2 SATA adapter and it works perfectly... Also a SATA card with a SIL3112 chipset also does the trick...

#6 OggyUK

OggyUK

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 May 2008 - 11:12 AM

Yup, status code 10 in my eyes is the VIA Card saying, I dont like this 46/47

Try powering the drive on at different times during the boot process, I used slax and when I seen te vmbootlinuz........ message

#7 podger

podger

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 10 May 2008 - 11:26 AM

If you have the room, try using the really short sata cable from the Xbox...

#8 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:23 PM

get drive into modeB using slax and then unplug the sata cable but leave the power on to the drive. Boot the PC into windowsXP and then once in XP make sure the SATA card is ready with no exclamation points or anything then plug sata cable in. see if that shows up.

#9 zilverzilvia

zilverzilvia

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:48 AM

You guys are GODS!
I kept the driver that i read was the most compatible (5.20c), but plugged it in right before the end of the windows boot sequence (waited about 30 seconds while the windows bar goes across the screen). WORKED LIKE A CHARM!
I didn't eject the tray a bunch of times, the tray was in, but it booted right up. When i plugged the sata before i turned on my pc, th windows boot screen kept freezing, but when i attached the sata cable late in the boot process, it worked... which i find very odd. Came up as a samsung, tho. Flashed it within minutes, copied mah GTA, played the backup, stored my real gta in the corner of my room, never to be touched again!
Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users