rajaei

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:08 PM

sorry to repost my first topic wasnt all that right

hi my name is rajaei and i would like to share something with everyone here on xbox scene which is error code 0020 also know as the RROD 3 red lights ,this error is cause by the caps on the mobo (the black caps with gray on top) they are not all solderd good so by time one gets loose which sometimes touchs again and your 360 boots and sometimes doesnt ,well if you take out your mobo and hold one of the caps one by one while moving the cap slightly back and forth while looking at the solder point under the mobo you will notice one of them is a little loose (you have to look at it very good best to use a magnifing glass ) all you have to do is resolder it tightly but be carful not to mess up the mobo because the point where you are soldering is very fragile,i have tested this on over 98 xbox 360's and fixed them all this way.

IPB Image

#2 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:30 PM

Umm how many boxes have you seen with this problem??

Just yours??

#3 rajaei

rajaei

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:38 PM

there we go smart ass questions try it dude if you dont believe me no not just mines one of the 2 gets messed up you get 3 red lights when you fix it you will then get 2 red lights thats when you do the xclamp and then your good for years and if you read my post bum it says almost more then 98 xbox 360's that i personaly repaired

#4 danipukok

danipukok

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:59 PM

why would we risk ruining a trace on the board or melting something else when we know the x-clamp fix fixes 0020

#5 rajaei

rajaei

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:06 PM

dude ill remove this post i really care less if you fix yours are not and the xclamps dont fix nothing all you did was over heat the entire xbox360 thats all you do with xclamps im tryna give you a fix that works works not a overheat trick that you have to keep doin every couple months

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=650151

have you read that post yet ,,,xclamps is not the real problem dude he fixed it and it happened again and others did to and it happened again

#6 rajaei

rajaei

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:35 PM

Can you guys and ladys that try this let us know what your results are cuz alot of people are posting there smack and i know why cause everyone is tryna figure out why the 3 red lights happen and i BEEN new why but thought f it ima tell the good

#7 rajaei

rajaei

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:25 PM

danipukok i didnt say anything about a TRACE

#8 Chicken Pie

Chicken Pie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 12:26 AM

Looking at mine right now. Yeah its VERY loose on mine. Im gonna see if i can do something bout it smile.gif

#9 aussie0275

aussie0275

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 12:57 AM

well my 360 has error code 0020, but the caps on my board seem tight as, and the solder seems really solid underneath, how much do they move?

#10 Chicken Pie

Chicken Pie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 01:34 AM

Mine move a lot. Im guessing thats the cause of it. Im gonna try this first see if it works . IF it doesnt ill move onto x Clamp...
Gonna try it later this week when i get the equip smile.gif

#11 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 May 2008 - 01:51 AM

You might be right actually because it is assumed that the 360 shows 0020 when the GPU/CPU isnt getting clean power.
Someone also got this error after he accidently cut off one of the caps on top of the CPU
However I dont think it will be the caps in every case as a lot of people fixed this certain error by reballing the GPU.
So this cant always be the reason...
Good job though

#12 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:52 AM

It could be *a* cause for 0020, but it's definitely not *the* cause.

#13 aussie0275

aussie0275

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:17 PM

so has anyone tried this fix instead of writing him off so quickly?

#14 rajaei

rajaei

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:41 AM

for who pm me i realy dont know how to pm you back but if your fans dont work then look at my image and you will see the cap for the fan that one is why your fans dont work just try to resolder it and if that doesnt work that cap is ether burnt out or your fans are burnt out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
and to others just like aussie said try it befor you start SAYING that it doesnt work damn and to top it off
THAT IS A FIX FOR 3 RED LIGHTS MOSTLY CAUSING 0020 BUT THIS FIX ALSO FIXS OTHER 3 RED LIGHT ERRORS ALSO its just that every cap has a different error code but still gives off 3 red light

dont listen to danipukok he is just saying im wrong because he doesnt want others to know that this is a fix ,,if you look at his post it says 360flashing under his post if you click on it it takes you to a page and when that page opens wait a minute and itll take you to his website "xbox360 repair" he is just maken money off of the scene and others on here that know things and using them to make his profit

#15 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE(rajaei @ May 12 2008, 12:17 PM) View Post

for who pm me i realy dont know how to pm you back but if your fans dont work then look at my image and you will see the cap for the fan that one is why your fans dont work just try to resolder it and if that doesnt work that cap is ether burnt out or your fans are burnt out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
and to others just like aussie said try it befor you start SAYING that it doesnt work damn and to top it off
THAT IS A FIX FOR 3 RED LIGHTS MOSTLY CAUSING 0020 BUT THIS FIX ALSO FIXS OTHER 3 RED LIGHT ERRORS ALSO its just that every cap has a different error code
but still gives off 3 red light

dont listen to danipukok he is just saying im wrong because he doesnt want others to know that this is a fix ,,if you look at his post it says 360flashing under his post if you click on it it takes you to a page and when that page opens wait a minute and itll take you to his website "xbox360 repair" he is just maken money off of the scene and others on here that know things and using them to make his profit

1) Which different error codes did you get?

2) I dont think that he "doesnt want others to know that this is a fix" and even if he would this wouldnt change anything people would still find out. And as he is still new the most wont care about him anyway. Just calm down a bit, sooner or later someone else will try your fix and we will see if it was just a coincidence or if you are really on something...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users