ChoccyHobNob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:59 AM

Hi I've made an OS-X styled theme for Project Mayhem III

I tried to upload this to blackmarket but they have a 5MB file limit and the zip is 8.8MB. I've emailed the site admins to ask if they can raise the limit for me. While I wait for that to be sorted out you can download this from here

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated biggrin.gif

IPB Image

#2 NineT9mustang

NineT9mustang

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:04 AM

I think its beautiful smile.gif But you already know that because I replied in your other thread at xbmc tongue.gif

Really good job though, doesn't even look like a theme, looks like a whole new skin smile.gif

Superb work there bud

#3 ChoccyHobNob

ChoccyHobNob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:22 AM

Thanks very much :-) the next step is to make a few mods to the basic skin, then I'm going to use that as the basis for an entirely new skin, pinching ideas from Aeon and Fusion as I go. The reason for this theme is just because the skin I'm planning is a lot lighter than PMIII and I wanted to be able to release it as WiP without inflicting sudden brightness changes on people when they hit an unskinned bit lol

#4 l11l1VeNoM1l11l

l11l1VeNoM1l11l

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:01 PM

DAMN! This is almost EXACTLY what I was trying to do hahahah. You're WAY ahead of me, though...so mad props and very good work.

Just to contribute a little, I'll link you to some reflective OS-X png icons. They could make your theme look even more sleek than it already is.

Really though, incredible work. It doesn't look like a theme at all - it looks like a new skin (like the other guy said).

Here's the progress I was making - http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=648993

Here are the reflective icons and evox bgs - http://www.thearthan...nloads/ibox.rar

Feel free to use my Evox backgrounds in your theme if you want. I think they'd fit VERY nicely.

This makes my life a lot easier. Someone's already done the work for me...so thank you and again awesome effing job.

IN FACT...

Feel free to take the name of my theme if you'd like as well. PMIII iBox?

I've got a couple for ya...

PM X (like OS X, but sounds bitchin' like PMS lol)
iBox (my original and very not creative idea, but I like the logos I've made)
iMayhem (eh?)

I'm just amazed with your theme and I think it deserves a better name than PMIII OSX.

Rock on.

Edited by l11l1VeNoM1l11l, 12 May 2008 - 06:12 PM.

#5 ChoccyHobNob

ChoccyHobNob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:37 PM

Thank you for the kind comments :-)

The reflections on the icons is an effect that I think is overused, on a real mac you only see it on the dock and coverflow, thats why I didn't do it to the icons in my theme.

I'm more than happy to help you out with your own project though, if you want a copy of all the png's I created for this theme, send me a PM and I'll point you at a zip of them all, just give me credit if you use any of them!

Oh and laugh.gif at "the other guy"!

@NineT9mustang, you aren't famous enough yet! maybe you should release the skin you and Jezz_X have been teasing us with in the Vision thread! (Or at least let me beta it wink.gif biggrin.gif you know it makes sense, lol)

#6 NineT9mustang

NineT9mustang

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE(ChoccyHobNob @ May 12 2008, 10:13 AM) View Post

@NineT9mustang, maybe you should release the skin you and Jezz_X have been teasing us with in the Vision thread!

Well if you put it that way I guess I will! I never even thought of releasing it, thats a great idea... I will get on that asap tongue.gif

#7 ChoccyHobNob

ChoccyHobNob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE(NineT9mustang @ May 12 2008, 07:18 PM) View Post

Well if you put it that way I guess I will! I never even thought of releasing it, thats a great idea... I will get on that asap tongue.gif

Good Lad! That's the spirit biggrin.gif

You just like to dangle the carrot and then whip it away at the last second laugh.gif

#8 JoeUser38

JoeUser38

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE(ChoccyHobNob @ May 12 2008, 01:02 PM) View Post

Good Lad! That's the spirit biggrin.gif

You just like to dangle the carrot and then whip it away at the last second laugh.gif

He does that too often with us ravenous beasts, he's liable to lose a few fingers! grr.gif

#9 FourTwentySmiles

FourTwentySmiles

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:48 AM

This is sweet as hell! Nice work on this......I just found my new default for PMIII.
My skin of choice is MC360.......but this will look nice on the one in my bedroom.

Thanks.

#10 ChoccyHobNob

ChoccyHobNob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE(FourTwentySmiles @ May 13 2008, 08:24 AM) View Post

This is sweet as hell! Nice work on this......I just found my new default for PMIII.
My skin of choice is MC360.......but this will look nice on the one in my bedroom.

Thanks.

Thanks for the comments, I'm glad you like it smile.gif

#11 l11l1VeNoM1l11l

l11l1VeNoM1l11l

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 15 May 2008 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE(ChoccyHobNob @ May 12 2008, 10:13 AM) View Post

I'm more than happy to help you out with your own project though, if you want a copy of all the png's I created for this theme, send me a PM and I'll point you at a zip of them all, just give me credit if you use any of them!

Why thank you, sir. Sorry if I insulted "the other guy" by calling him "the other guy." I wasn't aware that he's so famous. I'd like to see the skins he has to show too.

For now, the only thing I wanted to do to PMIII is change the background photos on the home menu. It's going to take a day to do it, but I need to get out and take some cool pictures. When I have time to get around to it, it will get done. I'm going to keep the reflective icons in mine. Can yours be edited, or are you locking it up? I'm was hoping to add the reflective icons to yours just for personal use.

Oh, and is yours officially released? I know you're hosting the files for it, but I can't figure out how to install them.

#12 ChoccyHobNob

ChoccyHobNob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:28 AM

There are only two files in the zip, OSX.xpr and OSX.xml

Put the xpr in xbmc/skin/Project Mayhem III/media
Put the xml in xbmc/skin/Project Mayhem III/colors

Then go to settings->appearance and change the theme to OSX.

The xpr isn't locked so you can edit it if you like, feel free to mess with it as much as you like, I'd like some credit for my work if you decide to release it though.

I've heard back from Martomo at Blackmarket and he now has a copy of the theme but his theme browser script doesn't (yet) support colors xml files, just the xpr's, so he can't put it up until he updates the script. He seems a bit snowed under with school work and all his helpers have gone MIA so the site hasn't had an update for a while.

#13 Broads

Broads

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 May 2008 - 02:15 PM

Looks Flippin Sweeet..

Will take a proper look when I get a chance..

#14 maui917

maui917

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:22 AM

I like this theme looks really nice....kind of along the lines of something I've been tinkering with...

IPB Image

#15 ChoccyHobNob

ChoccyHobNob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:30 AM

This is what I'm currently fiddling with...

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users