teknow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:59 AM

As the title aptly describes I just downloaded the Haze Demo. Something in the naming or description lead me to believe it was a mutliplayer demo but I didn't see that as an option upon installation.

I'm a horrible judge from the jump of any new product so I don't think I should make a definitive statement. I should begin by mentioning I've never felt at home with console FPS'. That said it doesn't feel quite right. I'm willing to give it a couple more play throughs, but with only a short level to continue the experience until I can get my hands on the disc I'm not horribly impressed.

Knowing very little about the story line it's readily apparent you will be breaking away from the organization Mantel as they are made to stink of 'evil' most simply in the fact that to be affective you are constantly juicing up with Nectar. If it did not just seem morally obvious the intro sequence (if you wait for it) and ending demo details advise you so.

Again, a controller just doesn't give me the confidence in accuracy. Perhaps I'll get used to it... or maybe I'll end up hooking up an adapter for keyboard/mouse. Does it feel right for anyone else? Am I just needing more time with the controller? What are your thoughts?

#2 teknow

teknow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:03 AM

was a little toasty when I posted... that's just Haze not Haze 3 lol

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:37 AM

I got it and played it and loved it. I am usually shit with FPS but I like this. the change in perspective when taking the nectar is great, certainly gives you an edge. the option is on start to play Co-op via LAN or online.

#4 newfie4ever

newfie4ever

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(teknow @ May 12 2008, 04:35 AM) View Post

Again, a controller just doesn't give me the confidence in accuracy. Perhaps I'll get used to it... or maybe I'll end up hooking up an adapter for keyboard/mouse. Does it feel right for anyone else? Am I just needing more time with the controller? What are your thoughts?

I would get a Splitfish controller. I have one and it works great especially for fps games.

#5 teknow

teknow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:59 PM

The change in perspective not only make the enemy more defined in the jungle (glowing) but it seems like it also adds some kind of aim assist in the process. Do you guys feel that too?
While the jungle area is very interesting and I'd even say represents a different type of difficulty I'm excited to see some of the other areas that are show in the pregame video.

I still haven't played a second run through of the Haze demo yet.

I had a splitfish but returned it. I tended to agree with most of the negative reviews on it's shortcomings. I picked up a xim360 adapter (works on ps3 also). I'm still tinkering with it but it feels better to me... The major point all of the controller/keyboard/mouse adapters seem to have to overcome is aim assist. It drags you away from where you are intending to look sometimes. I only tested the xim360 with OrangeBox so I don't really know how it will do with Haze.

Have you tried your splitfish with Haze?

#6 spinr34

spinr34

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:05 AM

i was impressed with this game. it is one i've been wanting to try for a while. and in game DTS, i cried. i hardly play my ps3 so if other games use DTS in game, my bad. i was just so surprised. i love my 360 to death and play it way more than my ps3 but the sound on the ps3 is by far superior to the 360's. even audio cd playback. and i'm kind of more of an audio guy than video so, it was cool to see my receiver switch to DTS on booting up the game. i'm not sure if i'll buy it, a longer demo would've been nice. but, it is def a cool game.

Edited by spinr34, 16 May 2008 - 02:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users