• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#106 Exyge

Exyge

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:36 PM

Sorry, but I can't say I hate it because I think this is going to replace PM3 for me tongue.gif. I do have some feedback even though I know some of these things are going to change.

The home screen is almost perfect. I only miss my rss news feed and maybe the weather location and temperature text can be placed inside the square but the home screen looks perfect.
Navigation is easy to use and well designed, I'm hoping also for first time users. Is it possible to add favorites to the run option? Because I do miss having my favorites available from the home screen. Or is this a hidden function I haven't found yet?
It would also be great if you could disable the settings option for every menu item like you are planning to do with the left right function. I don't want people accidentally messing up/changing my settings.

The video list view is beautiful, only too bad the IMDB movie posters are low res sad.gif, the great thing about it is that it uses the entire screen in a functional way. The movie list from top to bottom make this skin so useable. This is what I miss in the AEON skin, it's good looking but it doesn't use the entire surface of your screen in a functional way wich makes the skin less useable.
TV show list view is perfect again smile.gif, but when you switch to episode view IMO the wide icon in the upper right corner should be removed so the episode/season list can be longer. The DVD cover should also be made smaller to about the size of the episode thumbs to allow for a larger list of seasons and the screen is just too filled up with images this way. Maybe it should also get a border of some kind to be a part of the skin, this way it looks a bit out of place.

One small request for the video/music OSD (the one when you press the info button while playing a movie) I'd like to see the current time. I'm used to checking the time this way in PM3 wink.gif.

And finally, the general list views for every function are maybe a bit too clean and could maybe use the 720P resolution in a more effective way. Adding some kind of subtle visual to show which function you're browsing would be nice aswell.

Thanks for this skin, will be using it as default for now!

#107 FourTwentySmiles

FourTwentySmiles

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:23 PM

I been waiting on this to drop!!! Big thanks to NineT9mustang and Jezz_X.

#108 Sharpe

Sharpe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:01 PM

Great skin - top work fellas!

#109 NineT9mustang

NineT9mustang

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:03 PM

@360_Hax, Now that you grabbed the SVN, await some updates smile.gif Thanks for not leaking the gift, Apreciat it smile.gif I would have gone nuts if you posted that link in the thread ha

@Garvani, haaa, I was wondering if anyone cared enough to keep checking back for an update biggrin.gif Thats called dedication! I hope I didn't disapoint!

@Exyge, Thanks for taking the time in typing all that, I read it all, and pretty much agree with everything... so allow me to answer some of your suggestions/comments:

RSS News Feed will be added at some point.
Favorites will also be added at some point (I'm hoping as a tab in he Horizontal Home Bar)
Disabling the 'Settings' menu, I'm not sure if thats possible, and if so, if itd get added, thats a suggestion for Jezz_X, we'll see what he has to say to it. I dont mind it really
IMDB Movie Posters being Low Res, actually there not! Theres 2 things you need to do 1) Before you scrape, go to settings and change that number 192 to 512... 2) Increase your thumbcache in advancedsettings.xml (Read the manual for more info)
AEON, I love that skin and boy is it beautiful, but when it comes to function, I cannot use it either sad.gif Otherwise it would defintly be my default skin. djh has done a tremendous job with that skin, hes a very talented artist!
Removing the Wide Icon in TV Show List, sorry but that will stay. You need to use Wide Icon LOGO's smile.gif Keep a look out in a few days for my post smile.gif
Time on OSD, I dont mind it at all, good idea, would be up to Jezz_X biggrin.gif

@FourTwentySmile, Be sure to come and let us know what you think! smile.gif smile.gif

@Sharpe, Thanks bud! Jezz_X has done a tremendous job in making it look good and feel right. He needs to get paid for his contributions to XBMC sad.gif

Well thanks again eveyone for the feedback, Its really motivated me to work on the skin more, so keep those suggestions/compliments rolling in smile.gif

#110 flipped cracker

flipped cracker

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:09 PM

i just happened to find this thread today, and was reading through it thinking it was a cool skin, and then i got to the post that had the release info and got super excited. i'll definitely be trying it out tonight. thanks!

#111 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:44 AM

Ahhhhhh, THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! GUYS!!!!

Grabbin' off the SVN now. Will DEFINITELY be following this SVN daily, outside of Front-Row of course! wink.gif

Looks phenominal, very nice work. Agreed Jezz_X does deserve to get paid for the amount of stuff he does. An admired contributor without question. Thanks a bunch T9 and Jezz. Much respect, and appreciation towards you guys smile.gif

#112 remedee

remedee

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:14 AM

All I can say is WOW! Amazing work fellas!

#113 PimpTwzt

PimpTwzt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:10 AM

Not to shabby, like the glass window frames... Im using it on my 4:3 screen and it really isnt to noticable how it is squashed. Just the weather on the home screen shows it and a little on the movie poster. Other than that its bearable. Thanks guys!

#114 lawdawg0931

lawdawg0931

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:10 AM

Thank you 9T9 & Jezz.... biggrin.gif I'm grabbing off SVN now. Been watching for this to hit the SVN d/l section. Everything looks great. Exyge pretty much listed all (I agree - RSS & Fav's). Thanks again

#115 ircome55

ircome55

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:55 AM

PV2: get the best, forget the rest!! (Sorry Chockemaniac!)

Great work guys! This skin makes History! THX!

#116 phistyle

phistyle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:37 AM

Great job...loving the skin so far...some feedback ....the weather icon really feels out of place...to me it doesnt match the overall theme...the weather icon looks cartoony compared to how the skin looks...I like the words on top of the screen but I think it would look better if all the settings and input was displayed....example: in watch movie shows and clip tab...Video Files and Settings is displayed in a window...I think it would look cleaner if it wasnt displayed and just pressing up or down to make a window or sliding window pop up...

#117 beavis

beavis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:00 AM

Yes fantastic job. But I'm having a small problem. I decided to make the SVN so I could update regularly which worked fine and made the build. The problem was when I copied it over and I tried it it was ghosted and saying has to be 2.0 or higher to work. I decided to download the rar version and try that one and it worked fine. I've compared the build I did and the one offered and can't see a different. What could I had done wrong to do this.

Thanks.

#118 Tweak132

Tweak132

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE(beavis @ Jun 26 2008, 05:36 AM) View Post

Yes fantastic job. But I'm having a small problem. I decided to make the SVN so I could update regularly which worked fine and made the build. The problem was when I copied it over and I tried it it was ghosted and saying has to be 2.0 or higher to work. I decided to download the rar version and try that one and it worked fine. I've compared the build I did and the one offered and can't see a different. What could I had done wrong to do this.
Thanks.

I actually had this problem 30min ago try re downloading the vision 2 svn through the xbox skin manager app
after I used it it worked biggrin.gif

#119 xaro

xaro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:38 AM

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Hello

a great skin because you have made

some things still missing because now I would like to ask whether the yet to come
such as (rss, script switches and switch tv show)?

Edited by xaro, 28 June 2008 - 01:40 AM.

#120 FourTwentySmiles

FourTwentySmiles

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE(xaro @ Jun 27 2008, 09:14 PM) View Post

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Hello

a great skin because you have made

some things still missing because now I would like to ask whether the yet to come
such as (rss, script switches and switch tv show)?

If you would have read the whole thread, you would know the answers to these questions........ grr.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users