5 replies to this topic

#1 jim6656

jim6656

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 05:17 PM

I have a xbox with a 250gb hdd (almost full) and want to upgrade it to a 500gb drive and keep all the files that are on it. So could I use xbhdm and clone the drive so the files I had from before go on F and enable the G (empty) both at aprox. 250gb?

The box was modded with some kind of solderless chip (so essentially a softmod) that was removed after it was setup.

It has one partition, just F, the bios is 5101 Retail and the kernal is 1.0.5838.1

So after cloning could I just enable the G and use xbpartitioner to make the F and G each have 250 gigs without formatting them so the files dont get lost and still not have to worry about data corruption?

#2 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:16 PM

What's the majority of content on there?

#3 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:36 PM

What softmod package was used? The bios loader/kernel patcher used matters as the LBA48 support currently is give all space to F or split between F and G?

The steps could look like this.
1. Backup eeprom to PC.
2. Unlock source hdd (read step 3 first, may not be needed if not doing 1:1 cloning)
3. Clone source hdd to target hdd with any 1:1 disk cloning program. This will follow the old partition scheme though. As you want to alter the partition scheme, you need to use xbpartitioner to format F and G to 32k clusters and your desired space settings. Unfortunately I don't know if the current version of xboxhdm is able to handle this. You might have to ftp the files out to PC, partition with xbpartitioner, then ftp them in.
4. Lock with xboxhdm (depends on step 2).

#4 jim6656

jim6656

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:57 PM

So I need to format F and G to 32k clusters even if they are both under 250gbs?

Can somone clear it up, some say format if it is over 137gb others say 250gb.
I have two boxes both getting a 500gb hd one I want to use just F (so it will use 32k clusters) and one with an F and G (this is the one I wanted to clone) for the F and G both under 250 will they run into curruption if they use the default 16k clusters?

Oh and I am going to just make the hds from scratch using xbhdm so they will be stock drives. Then I will be using krayzies NDURE 1.1 mechassault.

Edited by jim6656, 16 May 2008 - 06:59 PM.

#5 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 May 2008 - 03:45 AM

Partitions over 256gb need to be formatted with 32kb clusters. Some people like to do it if it's even approaching that figure, though I personally wouldn't bother. In your case both F and G will likely end up under the 250gb mark anyway.

#6 scare_crow

scare_crow

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

hi, similar job different problem. i cloned my 80 gb hd to a 500 gb and when i try to format partition 6+7 xbpartitioner says my bios doesn't support it yet my original hd has an f drive.

how would i format partition 6+7 to be able to use them?

xbox is 1.0
not sure what mod i have (it was modded when i got it) but there is no sign of a mod chip and ive had it for just about 5 years (not 100% sure)

thenks in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users