PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:22 AM

Sony's Take on April 2008 NPD Numbers
Posted by XanTium | 16-5-2008 0:22 EST

From kotaku.com:

The PlayStation 3 may have finished (well) behind the Wii and (a smidge) lower than the Xbox 360 for the month of April, but that doesn't mean that we'll bat an eyelash when Sony sends us a statement that kicks off with "PS3 Continues Blockbuster Year." Fortunately for SCEA, it has triple the hardware representation, letting it flex carefully chosen figures like "total PlayStation hardware sales" topping 505,363 units sold in April.

Sony compared much of its performance to itself--well, its former self--as it touts 127% year-over-year sales growth on the PS3 hardware, with software up 410% over the previous April. That looks impressive! In other crazy percentages, Sony notes that 23.6% of PS3 owners bought a copy of Grand Theft Auto IV in April, a "29.0% higher attach rate for the title than Xbox 360."

"PS3 momentum is fueled by enthusiasm for Blu-ray as the definitive high def standard and the growing number of consumers gearing up for some of the most anticipated titles of the year, exclusively for PS3, including the June release of Metal Gear Solid 4, and other great exclusives in the second half on the year, such as Resistance 2, SOCOM: Confrontation and LittleBigPlanet to name a few," said SCEA prez Jack Tretton.

Full Story: kotaku.com

#2 spinr34

spinr34

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:45 PM

hmm, so they are comparing theirself to theirself. i'm looking at the software figures boost. the other day i could've swore sony said, "there were more copies sold of gta4 for the 360 because there are more 360's". last year at this time, there weren't as many ps3's, so wouldn't the 400%+ software boost just be that there's more ps3's now? i mean, all number games from all of the companies, including microsoft, are just that, games. but at least try not to trip over yourself in the same week.

#3 Verity

Verity

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 03:18 AM

Yeah, Sony seems to doing a lot of spinning and bsckflipping with those numbers. C'mon... with the Xbox360 version of GTA4 outselling PS3 something like two-to-one, what in hell does a better GTA4 "attach rate" supposed to mean?

To me, I read it simply as PS3 owners finally have a game worth buying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users