• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dphilip887

dphilip887

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:14 AM

re-done the paste a couple of times, let it overheat, seems that the normal fix isnt working this time. anyone had any luck with the 0203 code? i'd tried to search on here and google and other places and i'm not finding anyone with any luck.

any ideas?

i used the 5mm bolt with the flat washer, nylon, board, nylon, flat washer method for both the cpu and gpu

#2 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE(dphilip887 @ May 16 2008, 07:50 AM) View Post

re-done the paste a couple of times, let it overheat, seems that the normal fix isnt working this time. anyone had any luck with the 0203 code? i'd tried to search on here and google and other places and i'm not finding anyone with any luck.

any ideas?

i used the 5mm bolt with the flat washer, nylon, board, nylon, flat washer method for both the cpu and gpu

Im sorry to tell you but it seems that youve found a new error code...
My guess is that it is related to error 0103 which is a problem with the GPU, it might be the CPU or nearly every other component.. Just try every available fix that is around and let us know if anything works...
It would also be nice if you could explain how it actually happened, did your xbox freeze often or did the color of the screen change before it got the rod for example?

*EDIT*
Actually it is not a new error code, I just found this on Google http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=628475 so try what they did to fix it...

Edited by Wilhelm_I, 16 May 2008 - 03:05 PM.

#3 dphilip887

dphilip887

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 01:11 AM

i looked at the other topic on the 0203 and it didnt seem like they found a fix

here's my diagnosis

code 0203 - instant rrod everytime. chip malfunction, not gettin a connection to the board (not an overheating problem but a bad contact problem) mine turned out to be broken prongs in a corner on the gpu, missin 3 of them. didnt see this til i was comparing with another board. i believe these are mini resistors on the bottom side of the chip due to mistreatment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users