#16 anonim1979

anonim1979

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE(Chancer @ May 19 2008, 01:08 PM) View Post

From a link to a forum post by the same guy who spouted the "GTA4 is only 630p" shit and pretends counting the pixels is accurate and can tell the resolution just from a look at a screen of the game. A game by the way which is not even out yet. Excellent, he missed his way. Should have been a forensic detective.

Thanks God You drive Hummer with plate Mr. KNOW-IT-ALL

http://www.ripten.co...haze-resolution
When I mentioned our story, Derek told me that the final game does indeed render at 1024by576, contrary to what is said by Ubisoft on the Playstation Blog; “From some other comments I read, I wanted to clarify that the game runs at 720p resolution.” Of course, Haze will output at 720p since the Playstation 3 can upscale, but this is not reflective of the game’s native resolution. Derek exclusively told us why they made the decision to render at a lower than HD resolution:

We prioritise a nice smooth framerate over a different res. Personally, I don’t really buy the whole thing. People did the same with Call of Duty, they did the same with Halo, and they say with those games ‘It’s not running at true HD!’ And it’s like, I don’t care. If the game looks good and it runs smoothly, those are the important things to me.

In asking whether the resolution was decided towards the end of development, Derek replied:

Yes. Well, as you develop an engine you’re aiming for a certain thing, but as all the pieces slot into place, you end up realising what sort of resolution you can run it at and that’s where we ended up with for Haze.

PS.
GTA4 is 640p na AA on PS3 - if you believe Quaz nad Eurogamer guys who confirmed it...

http://forum.beyond3...p;postcount=624

Good news, dot50cal send me very good screenshot (thanks) and finally it's 1152x640p (and no AA) exactly like Halo3, perfect Dark or Dark sector PS3 
even though i has clearly identified 7/8 recurrence on many different edge and screenshot but insufficient edge lenght and bad screenshot lead astray me, sorry, it's finally 8/9 and 9/10 recurrence, it's the final result!

PSS.
The same guy - Quaz51 talked first about COD4,Halo3, and many others games
Time for looking some more into his methods - shouldnt be hard for You...

-----------================---------------

@warmaster_670

That 720p was a bulls*** spourted by PR guys. You know like - 120fps every game in 1080p etc?

As you can see DEVELOPERS confirmed 1024x576

#17 d-range

d-range

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:57 AM

I have 17 games , 60Gb HDD still plenty of free space.
My mother could do the upgrade and at cheap cost if I ever have to.
Install to the drive is a one time thing.

It's has nothing to do with how easy it is to upgrade it, the issue is that lots of ppl *do not care about stuff like that*, a lot of them don't even know what a freaking hard drive is. It's a game console, not an upgradeable computer, and it should not need spare parts to function properly. Maybe you don't mind having to buy hard drives and install them, my guess is that 9 out of 10 people think differently (even *I* do, and I feel perfectly comfortable around computers). Also, backing up your savegames does not make it a whole lot easier, I can imagine people just swapping the HD to find out all their saves are still on the old one.

@ d-range I pity you if 10 minutes as one off is too much for you to bear. What do you do if the postman is 15 minutes late or you have to queue somewhere for 10 minutes? Tear your hair out and rant and rave. I love it when in trying to find something to make an issue of people cite a 10 minute 1 time install as a major threat to sanity.

Yeah whatever, just keep making stupid comments like that and I will take you much more seriously :-/... My brother in law already hit a full 40 GB drive, you go and explain to him how those 10 minutes are such a joy every time he wants to play some game from the bottom of his stack (which is pretty large as he has wads of cash and buys about every game out there). Installing GT5P and updating it over wireless actually took me 45 minutes, so yes that annoys the hell out of me when I want to play a game right away, how is that so hard to understand. In time you will fill up your drive as well, enjoy buying a bigger one and mucking around with your savegames but don't make piss-poor comments that don't necessarily apply to all people.

Edited by d-range, 20 May 2008 - 10:59 AM.

#18 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:35 PM

Yeah whatever, just keep making stupid comments like that and I will take you much more seriously :-/... My brother in law already hit a full 40 GB drive, you go and explain to him how those 10 minutes are such a joy every time he wants to play some game from the bottom of his stack (which is pretty large as he has wads of cash and buys about every game out there).

Tell him to use some to buy a 250GB HDD then if it is such an issue. He has plenty of cash. If it's too much of stretch to install it give me a ring I will get my Grandma to talk you through it and sghe has been dead ten years.
Simple fact is you attract stupid comments with statements which are just a display of how pissed off you are with your PS3. First it was the games not available and now they are there are too many all with HDD installs that it is sending you insane with rage.
but don't make piss-poor comments that don't necessarily apply to all people.

before making that statement take a look at your post because the exact same applies to your statements as well.
PS.
GTA4 is 640p na AA on PS3 - if you believe Quaz nad Eurogamer guys who confirmed it...

No I don't.
the developer yes I believe and that is fine. if they make the statement
The same guy - Quaz51 talked first about COD4,Halo3, and many others games
Time for looking some more into his methods - shouldnt be hard for You...

Tell me how you check from a screen displaying a game that is upscaled to 720P, how many pixels it is displaying and arrive at less than 720P
Same old faces looking for something to bash on the PS3 and not able to handle the fact that some people actually find it a good machine.It actually amuses me how you feel so threatened by the fact that i like my PS3. In fact I like it as much as the 360s I own. Guess what I like the Wii as well.
Oh you forgot to say how you found the Demo or game of Haze when you played it.
Please don't tell me you are one of those " MR KNOW IT ALLS" who likes to spout about things they have no experience of.
d-range I can understand as he has a PS3 and is clearly disgruntled with it. Put people who like to talk something down with no personal experience of it, I don't understand.

#19 mlmadmax

mlmadmax

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:54 PM

Chancer, having the ability to upgrade your hardrive is a good thing but in this case that is not the point.
I belive I shouldn't have to go out and buy a hardrive in order to enjoy my games without tha hassel of deleting and reinstalling huge files.

This can't be compared to a chipped xbox with games on a hardrive because this is a stock system and I shouldn't have to treat it like a modded one. It seems that every new game has a large install involved with it. If every one of the games you own now had a four to five gig install on it you would be forced to buy a new harddrive and in my that sucks.

As far as haze is concerned it is just OK in my eyes. The graphics are really not that good and the only thing that makes it any different is nectar. The nectar aspect will become lame pretty quick since all you will be doing is hiding and waiting for your necter to come back. Hopefully the full game will have some extra content that will make it better.

#20 d-range

d-range

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE(Chancer @ May 20 2008, 05:11 PM) View Post
Tell him to use some to buy a 250GB HDD then if it is such an issue. He has plenty of cash. If it's too much of stretch to install it give me a ring I will get my Grandma to talk you through it and sghe has been dead ten years.

You just don't seem to get the point, right? Fair enough, your loss... Very stylish make your point by involving your dead grandma in a supposedly meant-to-be-funny remark by the way.

Simple fact is you attract stupid comments with statements which are just a display of how pissed off you are with your PS3. First it was the games not available and now they are there are too many all with HDD installs that it is sending you insane with rage.

Well last time I checked you don't know me and vice versa. I am not filled with rage or pissed off about my PS3 at all, in fact, I couldn't care less how it works as long as it does what I bought it for, and currently it does (which is BD, cell development and the occasional game that's not on the 360). It's just a piece of electronics dude, no need to get all worked up about it. The fact that it doesn't suck on all accounts does not make it perfect though, hard to understand how a console forum moderator would have so much problems acknowledging this. The online experience and the HD installs, insanely huge and frequent updates that fail a lot and the fanboys who see the damn thing as some kind of sacred artefact from heaven -not saying you are one of them, but when it comes to HD installs it's looking a lot like them- annoy the hell out of me, and I'm not the only one. You should really try talking to normal ppl instead of console enthousiasts, they will *not* get that you at some point might have to upgrade a game console.

before making that statement take a look at your post because the exact same applies to your statements as well.

Well excuse me, but I was under the impression I was only talking about myself and some other people I know that have a game console and agree that having to upgrade your console sucks. Apperently you don't mind f*ing around with your console, good for you. I know people who do, and I know consoles that don't need HD installs, and they work perfectly well. The best selling console doesn't even have a HD, ever wondered why that is?

Edited by d-range, 21 May 2008 - 05:50 PM.

#21 PowderDay

PowderDay

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:01 PM

Hey, dont blame sony just because the dev's can't figure out a way for a game to run without a huge install. The read speads are decent, and there is no reason to have to load half a game on the hard drive just to play it. Making smarter games that load whats needed before its needed, not during, is the key.

Since we have no control over what the devs do, Sony was on top of things and gave us another option: Easy hard drive upgrades. For those of you who think its 'too hard' or complicated, go back to playing the wii.

The ps3 has a very easy to use backup utility for your hard drive, so there is really no need for worring about loosing game saves as mentioned earlier in this post. Also, is 1 freaking screw really too hard or complex for you to think your going to break your new console? Get over it! Its a screw, not a motherboard.

Fact is the ps3 works fine out of the box. Yea, you can't play 20 some games that all have 2+GB installs, but think of it this way, every console is limited in some way. Ps2 had memory cards, you could only fit so many game saves on it at once. Did people bitch? No, you delete what you dont need, or you BUY a new card. Same thing applies here.

#22 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderator
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:20 PM

You should really try talking to normal ppl instead of console enthousiasts, they will *not* get that you at some point might have to upgrade a game console.

I thought I was discussing this with console enthusiasts. Are console enthusiasts not normal in some way? people who are not console enthusiasts are hardly likely to own a PS3. Those that do will probably never buy that may games (casual gamers I think was the term)and the replies were aimed directly at yourself and others. You by your own admission fix computers or something like that yet you make a stand against having to fit a simple drive upgrade. Don't tell me you are standing in the corner for the innocents. The "normal people" who may buy a mobile phone then find all the pictures they took with it and the ring tones don't fit in the phones memory so they have to buy an SD card and plug it in. You don't need to be Einstein to do this. may be it's you who doesn't get the point.
Pray tell me what is the difference between buying a core version of a 360 in the earlier days and finding you can't use live (a feature so heavily advertised) or save your game you bought without having to upgrade your console via memory card or HDD. Bit shitty if you are half way through an RPG. Very noble of you to be concerned for the "Normal people" but you were actually talking from your own perspective
i have both consoles, and I consider my self a computer expert (it's my job) but I actually *hate* having to view my PS3 as an upgradable computer, i don't even want to know what size of HD is in it, or that I can put a bigger one in it

The online experience and the HD installs, insanely huge and frequent updates that fail a lot

May be your experience but it's not mine and not everybody else's either.You seem to have a hard time seeing that. Perhaps I should lie just so it agrees with you..Don't think so.

The fact that it doesn't suck on all accounts does not make it perfect though, hard to understand how a console forum moderator would have so much problems acknowledging this.

Moderating this forum is a separate issue from my opinions on what is good bad or ugly as regards the things I find a problem with consoles and the things I don't. You clearly have not read most of my posts on this or you would know what angles of each console I don't like.

The best selling console doesn't even have a HD, ever wondered why that is?

Not really but the Wii is hardly the same standard of gaming. Good though it is. It's last gen graphics etc.

Edited by Chancer, 21 May 2008 - 11:33 PM.

#23 HotKnife420

HotKnife420

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE(d-range @ May 21 2008, 06:23 PM) View Post

The online experience and the HD installs, insanely huge and frequent updates that fail a lot and the fanboys who see the damn thing as some kind of sacred artefact from heaven -not saying you are one of them, but when it comes to HD installs it's looking a lot like them- annoy the hell out of me, and I'm not the only one.

I just installed MGS4 today; it took a whopping 8 minutes. Updates have never been a big issue. Perhaps your own network is the problem, as I had to adjust mine. Be sure you have upnp enabled on your router, and you may even want to check out which ports to forward to ensure you get the best NAT. Aside from that, I haven't had a tremendous amount of game updates to deal with. Call of Duty 4 has had the most, and that's only been a few.

#24 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderator
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE(HotKnife420 @ Jun 13 2008, 07:15 AM) View Post

I just installed MGS4 today; it took a whopping 8 minutes. Updates have never been a big issue.

Same here less than 10 minutes. I hadn't even finished reading the booklet before it was loaded up.
Too much bullshit has been spouted about all these terrible seconds of peoples lives being wasted by installs to the HDD. I believe it is just something for them to moan at because it's PS3.
Personally I find it takes too long to get the packaging off my 360 games and remove the disc from it's holder. I find the booklets take too long to read as well laugh.gif laugh.gif ........Sounds ridiculous when you put it into those terms doesn't it.
Enjoy MGS4 pop.gif

#25 HotKnife420

HotKnife420

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE(Chancer @ Jun 13 2008, 11:30 AM) View Post

Same here less than 10 minutes. I hadn't even finished reading the booklet before it was loaded up.
Too much bullshit has been spouted about all these terrible seconds of peoples lives being wasted by installs to the HDD. I believe it is just something for them to moan at because it's PS3.
Personally I find it takes too long to get the packaging off my 360 games and remove the disc from it's holder. I find the booklets take too long to read as well laugh.gif laugh.gif ........Sounds ridiculous when you put it into those terms doesn't it.
Enjoy MGS4 pop.gif

Haha, I was reading the manual during the install, too. Couldn't finish it in time (and I was distracted by some of the text as Snake was smoking). I was a tad disappointed the manual was not in color, but at least it wasn't 4 pages like COD4's. I like the comic book parts they did, too (was that in PAL manual as well?) Not to get too off topic, but I wonder what kind of differences there are in manuals between regions for games in general (damn, I smell a potential new hobby).

On a side note, Chancer, I must sincerely thank you. I recall a post of yours where you had trouble with your copy of Assassin's Creed, and after everyone else dismissing your claims, you exchanged it and your problems were gone. When I got my copy of MGS4 home yesterday, I installed it just fine, but there were lots of loading pauses during simple things like the Konami logo and the Dolby Digital screen. Once in game, the icon (disc, alternating with a question mark) would intermittently blink and occasionally freeze/glitch. No other games/movies did this, but I entertained the notion that this could be similar to why I can't get my Harry Potter 1 BD recognized (3 different discs tried, none work in mine, but all work in everyone else's PS3, apparently), or that they needed to expedite a patch for some unforseen bug. Considering the condition of the disc was flawless, I also remembered your aforementioned problem, and proceeded to exchange the disc, which solved my problem.

Bah, I've typed enough. I could be getting calluses from playing too much Metal Gear right now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users