Samsung M25 Dvd Key Question Please Help
Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:06 AM
Think last owner may have changed the board on dvd drivebut not sure.
Have yet to power up the 360 wanted some advice first on how to proceed.
Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:51 AM
Sounds like they tried to replace the laser and made a mess of it...
The quickest way for you to see if the key is there, assuming that the PCB is OK would be to put the PCB into another Samsung drive and boot the 360...
If games play then you will know that the correct key is present....
You could try to dump the flash, which will be relatively easy if it has not been flashed before, you need to look at tutorials... RTFM @ Textbook.pdf
If the PCB is damaged, the key can be extracted from the flash device once removed from the PCB, but this is specialised work....
Also there is no guarantee that if you get a key it will be the right one...... Do you trust the source...
Edited by podger, 18 May 2008 - 02:52 AM.
Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:14 AM
No dont trust the source
i thought about swaping the pcb like you said read about that searching the forums before i posted my self.
i read the forums all the time but my first post. have soft modded my reg xbox and psp my self from reading the forums, website and Faq.
I have read the textbook.pdq and had a few questions
1) Even if the keys dont match it will pull the key from the dvd drive? i was hoping would give a error msg if they did not match.
2) If i get a new drive and change out the PCB does it matter if i get a ms 28 drive i think i read on the forums you can use both but cant find it again?
3) if the keys dont match what error does it give if any and does it not play any dvd or will it just noy play 360 games ?
Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:11 AM
2. yes that will work fine. you can swap the PCB of any drive as long as they are the same brand. example: samsung to samsung, hitachi to hitachi. you just cant go from samsung to hitachi, or samsung to benq etc.
3. if the key is incorrect, then whenever you put in a xbox/xbox360 game, it will display the message 'to play this game, please insert it into a xbox/xbox360 console'. the drive will play DVD movies and audio CD's just fine though
Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:23 AM
Not what i wanted to hear though
Thank you to both of you who msged back.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users