• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tordre

Tordre

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:44 AM

Hello everybody, I am new here. Got an XBOX last week from EB games, I spent the last day installing XBMC on it. I used the NDURE3.1 installer and XboxHDR(hot-swap) and replaced the default dashboard with the XBMC link. Everything is working ok...

...Except the controller, The controller that came with my refurbished xbox is a third party(Titan, never heard of them). Every time it is connected the cursor or whatever it is doing in the menu scrolls down all the time, in any homebrew application but it is ok with the original dashboard.

I have been using my dance mat which works without issue, but doesn't have any joysticks. This is not a viable solution.

Has anyone else have this problem and more importantly does anyone know how to fix it?

not buying a different controller would be the preferred option but if there is no other option i will

If I cannot find first party what is a known good third party controller?

#2 HD10291

HD10291

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:52 AM

I thought GameStop bought all EB games O.o

Take the controller back to them, and tell them it don't work right, or try reinstalling everything. That sounds very stranger, is it the same for all the controller ports?

#3 Tordre

Tordre

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:34 AM

GameStop did but in Canada they didn't change their store names.

Yeah same for all four ports.

I also would return it, but i bought it while i was on a trip to my capital city four hours away.
So returning it is not really be convenient.

#4 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:29 AM

So is it the control stick or the d-pad that's giving false positives here?

If the control stick, try holding it down JUST A FRACTION while the console starts up. When the system boots it calibrates the joysticks taking their current positions as "centered", so this way it's less likely to move the cursor when the stick sags downwards.

#5 Tordre

Tordre

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:42 AM

It is the dpad and it is only in menus such as rom select screens in emulators, and in XBMC but not in ms dashboard

#6 Tordre

Tordre

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:21 PM

Ok figured out the problem. it is the right trigger that is was causing the misreading. The solder joint on the potentiometer was pretty much non-existent. I soldered it up and it is now working delightfully.

Thanks to all those who tried to help.

#7 HD10291

HD10291

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:54 PM

Makes sence considering that those dashes use the R trigger to scroll faster. Shoulda known.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users