ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:07 PM

Currently Kingroach's Ndure script is dependant on xboxhdm to deliver its functionalities which include:
1. The installation of Ndure softmod.
2. Setting up of shadow C with msdash files.
3. Setting up of UDDAE if the option was selected during the ndure PC installer steps.

With the accidental discovery that xplorer360 can open shadowc.img in shadowc folder as a FATX image file, we can now do all of the above with xplorer360.

1. Open xbox hdd with xplorer360. Backup contents of C drive (partition 3).
2. Close the drive in xplorer360 and open shadowc.img in shadowc folder of ndure C folder with xplorer360.
3. Copy backup files from step 1 over to partition 0. Close the image.
4. Open xbox hdd with xplorer360 again. If you want ndure to coexist with existing msdash, copy over contents of ndure C folder over to partition 3. and take care ernie.xtf is copied before xbox.xtf. Otherwise delete away contents of partition 3 and copy over Ndure C folder contents over.
5. Copy ndure E folder contents to partition 4.
6. For setting up of UDDAE,
a. Copy xboxdashdata.17cdc100 folder in ndure C folder to partition 3.
b. Copy settings_adoc.xip from ndure C folder 's xboxdashdata.185ead00 folder to same folder in partiton 3.
c. If on partition 4, under TDATA/fffe0000/music folder , ST.DB exists, rename to ST2.DB.
d. Copy ST.DB from ndure E folder TDATA/fffe0000/music folder to same folder on partition 4.

Thus hotswapping with xplorer360 to install the softmod will be the equivalent of running the ndure script/htm from pressing enter in xbrowser.

#2 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:31 PM

Delete xbox.xtf and xbox book.xtf in partition 3 root in step 4.

#3 shann

shann

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:07 AM

Great and simple guide!
I wasn't able to properly run Xboxhdm 1.9 + Ndure 3.0. I got always "This machine is no xbox.", I tried several hotswap methods, no success.
Finally I just made Error 12 (unplugged xbox dvd) + hotswap and normally boot up windows, then just copy few files according this guide and it works perfectly.. THX biggrin.gif

#4 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE(shann @ Nov 24 2009, 03:07 PM) View Post

Great and simple guide!

Thank you, glad to hear that it worked for someone else as well after so long biggrin.gif

#5 welandB

welandB

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:50 AM

I got this to work by using FTP rather than Xplorer360 (aside from building the new shadowc.img). Working to the point that UnleashX loads, that is. shadowc.img would not get past 89.7% transferred using FileZilla. I can't load the MS Dashboard from UnleashX's main menu.

I'll try a few other ways to get shadowc.img loaded.

#6 welandB

welandB

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:00 AM

I couldn't get past that 89.7% because the drive was full...I'm in the process of upgrading the hard drive to a 160gb Samsung. I hope to solve the shadowc.img problem with that.

#7 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:20 PM

Have you deleted the filler files which are in the same folder as the shadowc.img file.
Create a file with a size of 88% of the original shadowc.img file. Try to ftp that one to the xbox C partition.
If it succeeds, reenable the shadowc partition and reboot.

Ensure that the shadow c is empty. If it is, format it from within your unleashx dashboard.

Copy or ftp the unmodded M$dash files over to the shadowc you just formatted.
(I hope it will still be large enough.)

If that's not possible, you will have to look at some stuff that can be deleted on the real C partition, so that the space becomes available for the shadowc.img file. 2 of those are the filler files I talked about.

It's even possible to move the shadowc.img file to the E partition, but I had to recompile the nkpatcher for that, so that it looked for the file on the new location.

regards.

#8 welandB

welandB

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:23 AM

I think my problem is that when I boot the xbox, the C drive that's visible from FTP is the shadowc.img. Is that how it works? That would explain why I couldn't fit another 300+MB shadowc.img on the drive.

I think I'll just try ldot's tutorial from scratch tomorrow.

#9 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:39 AM

There are a couple of methods to turn the shadowc off. Have you tried those?

The shadowc.img file is the shadowc partition.
How can it be active when you aren't succeeding to ftp that file over.
When it is active, why are you trying to ftp that file over?

I can't follow your procedure very well. Since you can ftp, I assume your xbox is modded already.
What are you trying to do with it?

regards.

#10 Jangaboo

Jangaboo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:53 AM

thanks original poster

i've modded three xbox 1's previous to this using xboxhdm 1.9 with ndure and hotswap method but i recently upgraded my computer and I no longer had a IDE cd/dvd drive (Just sata)

I tried running xbrowser and would receive a linux not found type error so i was at a loss of what to do with no ide CD/DVD drive around...found out about xboxhdm 2.1 and booted into slax via usb but i was a lot loss of what to do

FINALLY found this post 4 hours later and got it to work within 30 minutes, probably easier than running xboxhdm through CD but maybe its easier to screw up in xplorer360

reference for myself

1. went through standard procedure of installing ndure 3.1, picked proper kernel version

2. hit pause break on PC before auto detection bootup

3. hotswap method on xbox was pausing copied song from hard-drive

4. booted windows xp and followed rest of your guide no sweat

#11 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE(Jangaboo @ Apr 4 2010, 08:53 AM) View Post

thanks original poster

reference for myself

1. went through standard procedure of installing ndure 3.1, picked proper kernel version

2. hit pause break on PC before auto detection bootup

3. hotswap method on xbox was pausing copied song from hard-drive

4. booted windows xp and followed rest of your guide no sweat

Thank you for reporting back on your results. beerchug.gif

#12 Strykaar

Strykaar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:52 AM

Idots... I'm totally straight, but I love you man. I had to register on the forums -just- to thank you for this. I tried for countless hours to get your xboxhdm2 to work. I think I finally chalked it up to not hotswapping at the correct time during pc bootup/running.

I did one last search and pray, and came across this thread. Gave it a go, and what do you know, worked like a charm first try. Had Unleash X up and kicking in less than 10 minutes. Thank you so much for this.

#13 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE(Strykaar @ May 5 2010, 05:52 PM) View Post

I did one last search and pray, and came across this thread. Gave it a go, and what do you know, worked like a charm first try. Had Unleash X up and kicking in less than 10 minutes. Thank you so much for this.

beerchug.gif You're welcome. beerchug.gif

#14 what the dickens

what the dickens

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

3 hours of research and I find this, then install UnleashX in 5 minutes after 30 secs of reading.
Why is this so hard to find?! It's by far the easiest way of doing everything...

Thank you so much!

#15 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE(what the dickens @ Jul 13 2010, 11:15 PM) View Post

Why is this so hard to find?! It's by far the easiest way of doing everything...

Well, you did find the post and got your xbox modded. beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users