ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

In all likelihood, the hdd hasn't unlocked yet. What technique are you using to unlock?

#32 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

And are you using Xplorer360 beta 6?

#33 Verontier

Verontier

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Apr 22 2012, 12:55 AM) View Post

In all likelihood, the hdd hasn't unlocked yet. What technique are you using to unlock?

I have used the error 12 and play/pause song method.

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Apr 22 2012, 07:42 AM) View Post

And are you using Xplorer360 beta 6?

Yes. Plus, I have also tried Xplorer360 Extreme 1 and 2 with the same end results.

This has been more frustrating than when I first started modding game systems all those years ago. This is my first attempt at a original X-Box. So far I suck at it, lol...

#34 Verontier

Verontier

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

Okay, I think I found the problem. I was using an external power adapter that came with my IDE/SATA to USB when it wouldn't work. The external adapter got misplaced and I decided to use the actual X-Box to power the xbhd and it works perfectly now. Thanks to ldotsfan and Heimdall for their quick replies to a solution.

But...., as with almost anything in life, a new problem has arose. When I try step 1 (backup content in c drive) by highlighting "Partition 3", clicking "File", and choosing "Backup Image", it gets about 3/4 of the way (7.12 gigs) and stops. It does not freeze or anything like that (task manager shows Xplorer is running normally). I let it set for nearly 7 hours yesterday with no progress made on the last 1/4 of the process, about 2.5 gigs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: The xbhd works just fine while in the X-Box.

Edited by Verontier, 24 April 2012 - 04:34 PM.

#35 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

The C partition is only 500MB, so something has gone wrong somewhere. smile.gif

You might want to use HeXEn (Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc, burn the iso to DVD-R at 4x or slower) to reinstall the softmod, just to be certain that you have a clean installation.

#36 Verontier

Verontier

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Apr 24 2012, 11:55 AM) View Post

The C partition is only 500MB, so something has gone wrong somewhere. smile.gif

Should I use the "Extract" command instead of the "Backup Image"?

QUOTE(Heimdall) View Post

You might want to use HeXEn (Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc, burn the iso to DVD-R at 4x or slower) to reinstall the softmod, just to be certain that you have a clean installation.

The system has not been modded yet, that's what I'm hoping to accomplish. Also, can HeXEn be burned to a CD-RW?

#37 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

You don't want a backup image, you want to copy the files.

When you said "The xbhd works just fine while in the X-Box" I assumed that you meant that the rest of the procedure went well, and that the Xbox was modded.

Xboxes only read DVD-R reliably. Everything else is a huge gamble, and you can end up with parts of the disc readable and parts not, which is a disaster when you are halfway through an installation and the disc can't be read. It's your choice, but I wouldn't recommend it, and you might end up with an unmodded Xbox again.

Edited by Heimdall, 24 April 2012 - 05:38 PM.

#38 Verontier

Verontier

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:42 AM

I finally got it to work! I couldn't copy/paste, so, I had to drag/drop everything. Thanks to everyone that replied. And a big thanks to you Heimdall. I also bought a DVD-R and downloaded/burned HeXEn for future safety.

#39 Verontier

Verontier

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

The hd I modded is the original and I was just wandering a few things.

1. What is the extra memory in drives C(308.91mb), X(749.88mb), Y(626.02mb), and Z(749.88mb) used for?

2. In the Disk Management on my pc, it showed 9.52 gb Unallocated, but, the 'Harddisk Settings' only shows a total of 7.29 gb being used among all drives. Is there any way to get the other 2+ gb back?

3. All the emulator tuts I can find say to open C: drive of the xbhd and place the emulator + roms in the 'Emulator' folder. The problem is that I only have 308 mb of memory in the C: drive. Most of the memory was placed in the E: drive of the hd (roughly 4.5 gb). Can it all be placed in the E: drive?

#40 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

1. C: nothing - leave it empty.
X,Y,Z are game caches, you can't use them.

2. Enable then format the F partition from UnleashX. You will get a ~2GB F partition

3. Yes, and you should always put games etc. on E, F or G.

#41 Verontier

Verontier

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Apr 26 2012, 09:27 PM) View Post

2. Enable then format the F partition from UnleashX. You will get a ~2GB F partition

Thanks for all the information on each partition Heimdall.
Everything is working perfect except for the F: partition. I made sure F: is enabled, used the Format option from UleashX, and rebooted the system. But, it still shows 0.00 MB of memory available. I even tried FTPing a very small file (2 kb) into it with no luck.

#42 NeoZiggy

NeoZiggy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

Idotsfan, major major thanks to you for writing this.

I spend 6 hours playing with xboxhdm trying to get things to work. I got as far as xbrowser but since my drive is located at /dev/sda it wouldn't get much further.

You pown gift.gif

Now if only we could have this tut come up first in Google....

#43 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(NeoZiggy @ May 3 2012, 08:04 PM) View Post

Idotsfan, major major thanks to you for writing this.

Thank rmenhal, since your post was on the same day as rmenhal's day

#44 mrbunz233

mrbunz233

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ May 19 2008, 11:07 PM) View Post

Currently Kingroach's Ndure script is dependant on xboxhdm to deliver its functionalities which include:
1. The installation of Ndure softmod.
2. Setting up of shadow C with msdash files.
3. Setting up of UDDAE if the option was selected during the ndure PC installer steps.

With the accidental discovery that xplorer360 can open shadowc.img in shadowc folder as a FATX image file, we can now do all of the above with xplorer360.

1. Open xbox hdd with xplorer360. Backup contents of C drive (partition 3).
2. Close the drive in xplorer360 and open shadowc.img in shadowc folder of ndure C folder with xplorer360.
3. Copy backup files from step 1 over to partition 0. Close the image.
4. Open xbox hdd with xplorer360 again. If you want ndure to coexist with existing msdash, copy over contents of ndure C folder over to partition 3. and take care ernie.xtf is copied before xbox.xtf. Otherwise delete away contents of partition 3 and copy over Ndure C folder contents over.
5. Copy ndure E folder contents to partition 4.
6. For setting up of UDDAE,
a. Copy xboxdashdata.17cdc100 folder in ndure C folder to partition 3.
b. Copy settings_adoc.xip from ndure C folder 's xboxdashdata.185ead00 folder to same folder in partiton 3.
c. If on partition 4, under TDATA/fffe0000/music folder , ST.DB exists, rename to ST2.DB.
d. Copy ST.DB from ndure E folder TDATA/fffe0000/music folder to same folder on partition 4.

Thus hotswapping with xplorer360 to install the softmod will be the equivalent of running the ndure script/htm from pressing enter in xbrowser.

#45 mrbunz233

mrbunz233

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

xplorer360 tells me could not find fatx drive i know the hard drive is unlocked i was playing halo when i did the hotswap plz help im at wits end with this xbox ive tryed xboxhdm and it just tells me it cant find linux cd wich is funny it just booted from the cd my computer only has 1 ide connection so i put it down to that for reason xboxhdm dont work thanks in advance for any help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users