9 replies to this topic

#1 robrob22

robrob22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:54 AM

Hi

First of all I want to thank all the peoples and aliens that made XBMC on Linux possible. Thanx pimps.

I just found out two days ago that XBMC is running on Linux and I decide to use it and I must say Im blown away.
Anyways Im a designer at an LA studio that will go without mention, and here is my skin that I have been working on and off for two days now. There is still tons of work to do, but I hop to releases the skin in a month or two. The skin will have custom sounds, icons and font. The photos of the girls are not mine so I also need the creators permission, but that should not be a problem. The skin is based on PM3MOD. I tried to ask PM3MOD author for some help on scripting,but he did not respond, awwww.

I would love comments!!!!

Skin Name: XBMC Bitch

IPB Image[/size]

#2 ChoccyHobNob

ChoccyHobNob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:12 AM

So much for the LA Studio going without mention lol, nice watermark!

Is this going to be a theme or a full skin? It looks like a theme so far

#3 robrob22

robrob22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:22 AM

Its a new Skin not a theme based on PM3MOD. PixelRiot Studio, LOL. laugh.gif

Thanx for reply.[quote]

Edited by robrob22, 21 May 2008 - 01:25 AM.

#4 robrob22

robrob22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:00 AM

Leave comments.....

Music Home---Playing music
IPB Image

Music Select
IPB Image

Videos Home----Playing Videos
IPB Image

Edited by robrob22, 21 May 2008 - 02:01 AM.

#5 mbay

mbay

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:31 AM

interesting......is this a mod of the pm3 mod menu?

#6 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE(mbay @ May 22 2008, 05:07 PM) View Post

interesting......is this a mod of the pm3 mod menu?

yes it is

On my opinion of the skin I think the home screen will be very hard to tell what section is what just by looking at girls heads

#7 KSHELLS

KSHELLS

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ May 23 2008, 05:29 AM) View Post

yes it is

On my opinion of the skin I think the home screen will be very hard to tell what section is what just by looking at girls heads

Fareals Fareals

#8 wreezig

wreezig

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:27 PM

An extremly illogical skin. What's the point?
Use icons that illustrates the various things in the skin, instead of something that has no connection whatsoever to it.

And perhaps it's just me nowdays, perhaps it's me getting old, but I always hated people who refer to women as "bitches", and when I was young a pimp was someone who you should kick in the nuts and then spit on.
And anyone who looked up to a pimp should have the same treatment.
Perhaps I'm just not in sync with this modern retarded black MTV crap culture.

#9 FourTwentySmiles

FourTwentySmiles

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:38 PM

And perhaps it's just me nowdays, perhaps it's me getting old, but I always hated people who refer to women as "bitches", and when I was young a pimp was someone who you should kick in the nuts and then spit on.
And anyone who looked up to a pimp should have the same treatment.
Perhaps I'm just not in sync with this modern retarded black MTV crap culture

If you "always hated people who refer to women as "bitches".....then it's not you "getting old" or you "nowdays"......Thats you ALWAYS.

Ever stop to think you dont understand what the word "pimp" might mean these days......Come on....times have changed, and most people who claim to be "pimps" are just guys who either (a) get ALOT of booty or (2) 15 year olds who are trying whatever they can to fit into this big mess we call "Modern Society" ......who also would like to get alot of booty.

And I'm sure you arent in sync with todays "modern retarded black MTV crap culture".......I am, however, sure that you ARE into some other "modern retarded ( insert Religous.....racial...or whatever type crap you do not like)crap culture".......So Back Off, Dude !

Discuss the topic and keep your ranting to insulting the work....not peoples choice to live how they want.

Edited by FourTwentySmiles, 25 May 2008 - 09:39 PM.

#10 S1ack

S1ack

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE(FourTwentySmiles @ May 25 2008, 10:14 PM) View Post

Discuss the topic and keep your ranting to insulting the work....not peoples choice to live how they want.

Yeah, OK.

Skin name is pretty stupid.

Wasting pixels on women with faux hawks and Terry Bozio make-up imparts what information to the GUI user? Nothing pertaining the the function lying a click away.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I like looking at women. But women as icons on a media center forces me to read text, at least initially. Until I memorize which chick is which function. A visitor to my house would then be forced to read the labels as well. Until he/she memorized which chick does what.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users