evilwise

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:16 PM

My old Xbox hard drive finally crashed so I'm rebuilding and I decided to pay some more attention to classics. I'm trying to get DaphneX to run and the .nfo assures me that there are supposed to be error messages but I have yet to see one. Here's what I've done

I downloaded DaphneX .96 from the usual places and installed it
I used DaphneDownloader on my PC to get the ROMs and video files
I copied the vldp directory on the PC to the mpeg directory on the xbox
I unzipped the roms into individual directories that matched up with the directories already on the xbox and uploaded them
I modified the framefiles from the vldp directory to the .\mpeg\xxxxxxx format DaphneX wants me to have and placed them in the framefiles directory on the xbox

Now when I launch the program (tried XBMC and Unleash-X both) the loader comes up and I can scroll through the marquees but when I select one, the selection noise plays then everything freezes up and I have to hard reboot. I have the exact same problem with all games. Is this indicative of any specific blockhead mistake? As I said, I read that there are supposed to be crash reports and error messages and the like. I also read that on the initial load the games need to create a bin of some type that takes like 10 minutes but I presume there would be a loading screen to let you know thats what it's doing and additionally I've let it sit for more than 10 minutes frozen and nothing happened.

Can anyone help me out with this problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users