#1 bantza

bantza

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:33 PM

I'm going to have to desolder the HDD connector from the motherboard for my mod. Also I need to lengthen the DVD power cable so I was wondering, since I will be using ATX power supply, could I supply the power directly from the power supply. I mean just use the sata data pins from the HDD connector and use a sata power cable from the ATX power supply. Also maybe I could use power for the DVD also directly from the PSU (just wire the open/close and tray status signals from the mainboard).

Has anybody done anything like this before?
And did it work?
Does the motherboard monitor the loads on the DVD/HDD power connectors and so detect if DVD/HDD is connected?
Pin 14 on HDD connector is +5VDC standby, anyone has any idea what is this used for? Is it even connected to HDD?
Does anyone know who manufactures connectors found on DVD power cable and RF-card and where to get them?

Sorry for so many questions smile.gif

#2 alpha_prime

alpha_prime

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 May 2008 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE(bantza @ May 22 2008, 01:09 AM) View Post

I'm going to have to desolder the HDD connector from the motherboard for my mod. Also I need to lengthen the DVD power cable so I was wondering, since I will be using ATX power supply, could I supply the power directly from the power supply. I mean just use the sata data pins from the HDD connector and use a sata power cable from the ATX power supply. Also maybe I could use power for the DVD also directly from the PSU (just wire the open/close and tray status signals from the mainboard).

Has anybody done anything like this before?
And did it work?
Does the motherboard monitor the loads on the DVD/HDD power connectors and so detect if DVD/HDD is connected?
Pin 14 on HDD connector is +5VDC standby, anyone has any idea what is this used for? Is it even connected to HDD?
Does anyone know who manufactures connectors found on DVD power cable and RF-card and where to get them?

Sorry for so many questions smile.gif

As for as i know, on the hdd, only the 5v is connected: the 12v or standby isn't connected. I'm not sure about the dvd, i measured the voltages there and they seemed to be connected to the hdd power sources and other random power sources on the 360.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users