• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bushisafkgidiot

bushisafkgidiot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:48 AM

Hello..I have smart xx v3 and using their remote flasher to send the bios (M8) to the xbox. However, it says its complete, but nothing shows up on the xbox for me to flash? If I try to burn to disk and flash from the xbox drive, it says to insert a cd, if I try to ftp the bios over and flash from the hard drive, I receive "access restricted" from my ftp client. I know how to ftp, I do it all the time with my other xbox, but how am I suppose to get my evox m8 bios over to my xbox so I can flash it?

#2 bushisafkgidiot

bushisafkgidiot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:36 PM

ok...maybe the remote flasher is only used to update the smart xx os, and not used to transfer over bios to be flashed. However, I am still unable to ftp the file over. Is the username and password "xbox"? My other xbox has a xenium chip in it and I can easily ftp via flashfxp anything I need. Any help would be appreciated. I can't proceed without flashing the M8 bios and installing evox. thanks

#3 bushisafkgidiot

bushisafkgidiot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:14 PM

ok, this is turning into my own personal blog.......I can access the smartxx os via my web browser by typing in the ip address. Then I select flash bios. I load the bin file from my desktop. I hit the flash button. The tv screen shows that the xbox is reacting to my request, but when I try to boot, I get original dash (ms). If I go and look at the different banks when bios are loaded, nothing shows up in the bios field. In other words, it seems like everything worked, but nothing got transfered over and flashed. No bios are found on the xbox even though the system looked like everything got transfered successfully. ERRRRR..

help.

#4 rday78

rday78

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:05 PM

Ok... ill try and get things rolling here... I think its supposed to tell you but.... are you sure the bios you selected to transfer is the right size for the bank?? The only other thing I could think of is maybe a corrupted file. Get the AID 4.0 disk and pull some of the bioses off of that and use flashfxp to get it accross... I just tried doing it with a dvd and that was a huge waste of time. good luck

Yes.. the user name and password is "xbox" without the quotes

Edited by rday78, 23 May 2008 - 12:06 PM.

#5 bushisafkgidiot

bushisafkgidiot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:31 PM

The bios file came from a very solid source. I have been using them for years. Plus, I used the same bios M8 plus with my xenium chip and it worked perfectly. I am at a loss. I will try the disk you are referring to and let you know. Thanks for helping out.

#6 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE(bushisafkgidiot @ May 24 2008, 03:07 AM) View Post

The bios file came from a very solid source.

Check the file's MD5 hash against the list?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users