Photo

Xbox Restarts 3 Times Then Flashes Red And Green?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 slavik19

slavik19

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:08 PM

my xbox doesn't wont show anything on the screen it restarts 3 times then flashes red and green. uhh.gif sad.gif

video

Edited by slavik19, 24 May 2008 - 07:09 PM.

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:14 AM

Ok, Well first, I do not have, nor plan to get, flash player so I couldn't watch your video.

Second, We need a little more info on your xbox.
What version xbox do you have and has it ever been modified in any way?

Edited by xboxmods2977, 29 May 2008 - 11:19 AM.

#3 BiggC442

BiggC442

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE(slavik19 @ May 24 2008, 12:44 PM) View Post

my xbox doesn't wont show anything on the screen it restarts 3 times then flashes red and green. uhh.gif sad.gif

video

I had the same thing happen to mine... was told the hdd died. My did not have any modding was only about 8 months old when it died. If you get it to turn on back up your eeprom. I hope this helps you out.

#4 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:16 PM

Busted HDD won't cause that. In fact the worst an HDD issue should be able to cause is a service screen.

Anyhow, typically that exact problem is caused by TSOP/modchip/LPC issues, but it can sometimes be related to other forms of motherboard damage.

#5 lukeman3000

lukeman3000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:31 PM

Just want to say, I had this same exact problem when I was putting an x3 in my v1.4 halo special edition xbox.

Somehow, either I messed the chip up, or it was already broken, and a trace got burnt on my power pcb. I repaired the trace on my power pcb, and all seemed well until I tried to start the xbox with the chip turned off, by holding the power button down for a few seconds when turning on the xbox.

Doing that would cause the exact same symptoms that you have described, the turning on and off 3 times, and finally an error screen with a code of "07" I believe.

As it turns out, the chip was the source of the problem. I bought a new x3 installed it, and it worked like a charm.

#6 Tosnic

Tosnic

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:24 PM

Hi Ho
Reviving 1 year-old post?

Since the probability for the original poster to reappear is pretty low, I am going to hijack this thread!

I have a similar error, yet not quite the same:
My Xbox is hard-modded (no clue about the chip: evo-x icon during booting, no HD-lock necessary, hold power-button to boot w/ chip).

The error it shows: ca. 3 seconds after power on, it shuts off. After ca. 4 seconds off, it goes on again, but this time without the chip. Since my new HDD does not support HDlock, this results in an error screen.

It is most probably that this strange behaviour is caused by a HDD/DVD Revorder, which is directly below the Xbox. I assume it is inducting electricity into the XBox.
This thesis is backed up by two tests:
1. A friend brought his softmodded Xbox, placed it right above the HDD-Recorder, where the chipped Xbox used to sit. After booting this Xbox showed a never-before seen dashboard-screen (seemed like it was related to ltools)
2. Keeping the HDD-Recorder plugged out and thus completely powerless, the Xbox does not show any funny behaviour anymore.

Nevertheless, if the Xbox is already "zapped" by the HDD-Recorder, it will stay so for some time, even after unplugging it and trying in another room. The HDD-Recorder even "zapped" the XBox over a distance of about 35cm (~14") when powered on. Even in standby it "zapped" the Xbox sitting right above it.

Sometimes, however, a "zapped" Xbox succeeds in booting. After the critical phase (first few seconds) even a "zapped" Xbox keeps running smoothly.

I think this is more like a posting of a strange error, aiming for awareness of hardly possible influence between different devices.
I want to know if this kind of influence is even possible. Or may it be that my trouble is caused by the multi-outlet, which supports the Xbox, TV, Receiver, Decoder, HDD-Recorder, PC, Beamer, lights and a subwoover with energy. Yet this has never caused a circuit break. But I have to mention that once, the beamer also behaved strangely: it wouldn't go into standby (locked up before).

Edited by Tosnic, 01 June 2009 - 04:25 PM.

#7 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:18 AM

Most electronic devices give off electromagnetic fields of various intensities. An X-Box should be pretty well shielded though - heck, even the wires in the controller cables are wrapped in foil. Though this shielding is the sole ground, the system doesn't take advantage of the mains ground wire.

You might try getting some foil from the kitchen, putting a layer or two of that between the console and the recorder. Not sure if you'll care for the cosmetic appearance, but it'd be interesting to see what difference it makes.

#8 Tosnic

Tosnic

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:53 PM

NEWS: It seems the HDD Recorder does not cause the problem after all. Though it might still be that it has caused the problem to appear to begin with.
The HDD Recorder is plugged off the current by default, so it cannot incluence the Xbox in any way. Plus, the Xbox is about 35cm above the Recorder.

The Xbox gets into the "state" after about 1h of uptime and after 2 reboots; sometimes after one reboot (per controller or cold reboot).
As a side note, the Xbox will turn on normally after a certain time (~1h, powered off), while the multi-outlet is on.
I may try to raise the fan speed of the Xbox up 10% and see whether the problem persists.
I have a dreaded Maxtor HDD in it...
ohmy.gif

Edited by Tosnic, 17 June 2009 - 08:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users