• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Weasil King

Weasil King

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:44 PM

1. Is there a way to have a separate section of your library devoted to karaoke? If both the regular songs and the karaoke ones are under the same artist in the library, it's hard to tell which is which. So far I've just been using the library for my regular songs and the files view for karaoke. I suppose I could work around this by rating all karaoke as one star (since I don't currently use the rating system) or listing the genre as "karaoke" then excluding everything under that category from the library. What have other people done with the library and karaoke? uhh.gif

2. Since nfo support is included in the video library, I was wondering if there was anything like this in the music library. I'd like some sort of external tag support for .shn files (which don't support tagging AFAIK). I have many live shows that the tapers have recorded as .shn and they can't be added to the library because they don't have tags. Is there anything like this already?

#2 jmarshall

jmarshall

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:06 AM

Hi there,

1. Not many actually are in your situation. The rating thing will work (or at least it'll allow you to see at a glance which are which). Other options are tagging the karaoke songs in the comment field, and altering the skin so that it shows them in a different color, or with an additional image or whatever.

2. I believe most people use .cue sheets with their shn's. They work even with multiple files, but are a little picky with how they're generated. Have a look on the web to get the syntax, and be prepared to play around a little to get things 100%. An alternative is just converting 'em all to FLAC (better compression nowadays as well ) but I guess it's not ideal if you are still sharing them through torrents or whatever.

Cheers,
Jonathan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users