yellowjacket

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:41 AM

I just got done reading the Textbook 360 Hacking Tutorial and I would like to clarify some things.

1. So you have a choice between flashing with a USB or a CD? Which one do you guys perfer I was thinking the USB method looked easier.

2. If I use the USB method will I be able to reformat it back to a normal USB flashdrive after, and how?

3. Can someone claify this for me, in the tutorial it states,

-Next we will update Firmtool to the newest version which is 1.2. There are many improvements from 1.1 to 1.2 so it is recommended to update before formatting your drive with iPrep and flashing. (But isnt 1.4 the newest? its not outdated he mentions 1.4 soon after)

-He tells you to get ipep, update it then run it then...

-A “Load iXtreme” window should open for you to browse for the iXtreme firmware. Browse and open the “Samsung.iXtreme.1.4.rar” you downloaded from Xbins. (Why is he mentioning 1.4 now are their 2 different types of firmware I am suppost to be downloading? I thought I understood this pretty well til I ran into this. it seems like hes just using pics from various time frames but im not sure)

Thanks for any replies. Is the process as easy as loading the firmware onto the USB drive (just 1, 1.4iXtreme), connecting the 360s DVD drive to PC mobo via sata cord, and loading it onto the 360

#2 zoomerman

zoomerman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:modding and modding some more
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:25 AM

easy way go get all tools you need latest iprep and def files also latest firm tool follow instructions make boot usb pen drive and that is all you need to do unless you have a hitachi drive just use slax to get into modeb and fw toolbox latest version if you do a search you will find all the tuts you need you will get your files at the usual bin place

#3 yellowjacket

yellowjacket

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:52 AM

thanks for the info, but sorry the only parts I could understand I already knew. will i be able to return my USB drive back to it was before I flashed the 360? i have a samsung by the way

#4 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE(yellowjacket @ May 30 2008, 09:28 AM) View Post

thanks for the info, but sorry the only parts I could understand I already knew. will i be able to return my USB drive back to it was before I flashed the 360? i have a samsung by the way

Yes of course you can but safe the backup of the firmware somewhere else first so that you have got the key...
Check the version of your Samsung if it is an MS28 you will have to get a VIA chip to flash it or you will have to desolder a little resistor and solder a switch to it(VCC-method) then it will also work with other chipsets. VIA cards are quite cheap at the moment though so just get one for 15€(~23$)...

#5 yellowjacket

yellowjacket

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:34 PM

i havnt opened my 360 yet because I feel im not ready but would you guys assume its a M25? I got it 3 weeks after X360 launch date.

#6 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:43 PM

Its either a Hitachi or a Samsung MS25.. either one is easy to flash. You can tell if its a samsung or hitachi by the drive tray.

#7 yellowjacket

yellowjacket

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:58 AM

ya its a samsung. does anyone know if the asus p5b deluxe mobo is compatable with the 360? when i did alittle research it looks like it doesn't. I know which chip to buy if it doesnt work, but you wont brick the 360 trying right.

#8 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:11 PM

The P5B motherboard has an Intel chipset - if you want to flash a TS MS25/MS28, you're going to need a VIA 6421 card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users