midgetgrimm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Gaming and Fun Tinkering
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:51 AM

Is there any way of getting a diagram of what you're soldering where..maybe some pictures of bothe sides of connections....no? .....yes?....

#77 Fifaking22

Fifaking22

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:01 AM

Thank you BOS, Thank you L33 and Most of all Thank you RDC for all your help and your super diagrams.. I swear sometimes i think are some unknown electric god.... Here's my contribution to the scene. My first completed PS360 controller..
Here Are My Pics

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Edited by Fifaking22, 31 December 2010 - 06:14 AM.

#78 YourFace180

YourFace180

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE(RDC @ Jun 1 2008, 02:46 PM) View Post

Alrighty, here are the A,B,X,Y buttons just about done, now aptly named the Cross, Circle, Square and Triangle. A little bit of glue and some light sanding and they're a done deal. Don't really even need to glue them as at least 1 tab is left on each of the original PS3 buttons, so they stay in place just fine as they are now. I made the grooves in the 360 shell deeper to let them sit in to the depth they needed to (most of them lined up pretty good with the exception of Square) as well as lightly sanded out the inside of the shell where the button rides because the ones from the PS3 are slightly larger at the base than the 360 buttons are and will wedge themselves in there if ya don't.

Hi, I know this is like the first post after three months (is it against the rules to do this? unsure.gif ) I know you don't want to do any "How to's" but could you go into more detail on how to do the buttons? I have cut up my B button and I think I need to make it smaller but the circle is just sort of .... stiff. How did you do yours? Did you shave down your xbox buttons and put the PlayStation buttons on top of them or what?

#79 YourFace180

YourFace180

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:42 PM

Sorry about the double post.
Never mind, just shaved the sides slightly and it works perfectly smile.gif
thanks for the pictures and info RDC

#80 Mack702

Mack702

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

Do you still make these?

#81 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

Replied to your PM. wink.gif

#82 Mack702

Mack702

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

Thanks for the Quick Reply! Love your work man!

#83 Aajaxx

Aajaxx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

Ok I'm trying to use ps360 board so basically I solder wires to the ps3 ( say for the square button ) the instead of installing a tact switch I find the x button to spots and solder them to there?

Edited by Aajaxx, 19 January 2013 - 08:34 AM.

#84 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

In pretty much the same way that to get oil you just drill a hole in the ground and then pump it out.

The second page in this thread has a post of the general run down of building one of these things, and you'll also find on several occasions I've posted no desire to make a full blown tutorial because of all of the different controller versions that can be used. This includes walking someone thru a build step by step by step by step as well because it's not really a beginner type of controller build.

You should use a Wired CL for the 'base board' because it's by far the easiest to trace out and see what goes where to rewire the Common Line of it into the PS3 controllers 3 COM line setup, and wiring the Sticks up is just a straight shot back to the PS3 controller's board.

Easier, but costs more, depending on how much the CL controller cost you, would be using the 36X board I designed awhile back for your 'base board' so there's no ruining a 360 board to use. http://forums.xbox-s...p?sho...w=&st=

The absolute easiest I can make it for you is to just build it for you, which comes with 2 things, a PS360 controller that works, and a lightening of your wallet. Which compared to the cost of the minimum of 2 controllers most people kill attempting this, plus the time/parts spent on it, plus the aggravation, you'd find it a lot better deal, but that's really only understood after the fact in most cases.

#85 Aajaxx

Aajaxx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

I happened to get the xbox wired version that you used that you used for from a friend that has 2 wireless ones.Did u have to cut traces i am only asking because i want to find out as much as possible before i mangle this board and if you would be so kind use one of ur diagrams and so Wat trace points u cut.I would like to dissect the cuts and figure out why u cut it there

Edited by Aajaxx, 20 January 2013 - 05:45 AM.

#86 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

Yes traces have to be cut, and there's no need to 'dissect' why. If you'd have done any reading of this thread, as well as the PS3 controller and Wired CL ones, you'd have a good start on what needs to be done and why already. It's also been over 4 years since I built that one using the CL board, and I didn't make a diagram for the cuts then, and have no plans/need to do it now.

#87 Aajaxx

Aajaxx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

Ok since the PS3 home button has its own common line I have to cut the trace for the xbox guide button since it shares a ground with other buttons and the ps3 doesn't correct? Plz tell me I'm correct

#88 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

All but the wording of 'ground' for the CL controller board.

#89 Aajaxx

Aajaxx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

How bout the word trace instead

#90 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

You can call it whatever works for you there, I just told you that your assumption was correct, only your wording isn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users