12 replies to this topic

#1 Dallas Comegys

Dallas Comegys

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:12 AM

greetings.

i have a 360 and i want to buy a modchip for my xbox 1 just to play mvp baseball. i'm not even familiar with what else i can do with a chip. feel free to educate me.

i don't want to solder anything and i just want to play baseball and be able to use all the mods for it.

since i won't use it that much i want something as cheap as possible.

#2 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:00 AM

So you didnt see the pinned topic that says to read it before asking "what chip?"

#3 Dallas Comegys

Dallas Comegys

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE(lostboyz @ May 30 2008, 11:36 PM) View Post

So you didnt see the pinned topic that says to read it before asking "what chip?"

i did, and i didn't want to be an idiot and post a new topic, so i read the post several times, and every time i read it, i became more confused and unsure what to do. there's just too much information, and too much technical information for a newbie. so after reading it several times and still not knowing what to buy, i just posted this.

i work in financial services, and if someone just asks me what investments to buy, i just tell them. if someone wants to have a detailed discussion about why, then i launch into all the whys and wherefores. sorry for the new topic.

can you help me?

Rob

#4 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(Dallas Comegys @ May 31 2008, 11:48 AM) View Post

i want to buy a modchip for my xbox 1 ...
i don't want to solder anything and i just want to play baseball and be able to use all the mods for it.

Not possible, any xbox 1 modchip requires soldering. No soldering means softmod. Cheapest solution? http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=496263.
Hotswap to install softmod. But needs a PC with IDE connection.

#5 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:20 PM

There are plenty of solderless adapters out there. I wouldnt recommend any of them. Find a local computer/tv repair shop and Im sure they have someone who can solder it for you.

The reason those topics exist because this isnt a help site, we point you towards the information you want, then you use it. Its a learning experience. There are plenty of tutorials on how to install a chip, flash the bios, and install apps. All chips allow you to do the same things, so if you want to go cheap get a duox2, then it ranges all the way up to an x3ce. All the information is here, and easy to find.

#6 Excalibur007

Excalibur007

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Playing Games, Guitar, Trumpet, Weightlifting, Rollerblading, Skiing, Drawing.
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:09 PM

I've done a ton of reading through this forum and other sites, but after all that research, it seems my choice on modchips is pretty slim anyway. I was debating between the Xecuter 3 CE, or the Smart XX v3. There were some praises given to the Xenium, but I don't see it in stock at any of the US dealers. I was just about to push the button on divineo to purchase the Xecuter, but now I'm even considering the DuoX 2, (for 1/6 of the price, it's tempting).

At this point, I could really use some advice. The sticky topic is from 2005 and said bannings from XBLive! with the Xecuter chip was rare, but how does that stand today... and what about the Smart XX and and DuoX 2? I would assume that bannings could be completely avoided by toggling any of the above modchips off, but the post seemed to suggest that the Xecuter may be able to use XBLive! without being disabled.

I don't mind soldering at all. In fact, I may even prefer it, so paying the extra $$ for a solderless adapter is out of the question for me. If I order from divineo, I'm limited to either the Xecuter 3 CE or the DuoX 2, (others I might consider are out of stock). If I order from modchip.com, I can get the Smart XX v3 which also comes with a USB adapter, but it's only $5 cheaper than the Xecuter there.

So, of the three I've mentioned, Xecuter, Smart XX v3, and DuoX 2, (Xenium being out of stock everywhere I've looked), what would some of you recommend now?
My needs: mostly just want to use XBMC as my default dashboard, install larger HD, and play emus. Other extra features will be interesting to explore, but the XBMC is currently what has my greatest interest.

P.S.
I definitely will not softmod.

#7 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE(Excalibur007 @ Jun 4 2008, 03:45 PM) View Post

I've done a ton of reading through this forum and other sites, but after all that research, it seems my choice on modchips is pretty slim anyway. I was debating between the Xecuter 3 CE, or the Smart XX v3. There were some praises given to the Xenium, but I don't see it in stock at any of the US dealers. I was just about to push the button on divineo to purchase the Xecuter, but now I'm even considering the DuoX 2, (for 1/6 of the price, it's tempting).

I always use Xecuter3's. I like the Xecuter brand, and i like the backup bios and being able to change things on-the-fly. Also...You get what you pay for, just remember that

At this point, I could really use some advice. The sticky topic is from 2005 and said bannings from XBLive! with the Xecuter chip was rare, but how does that stand today... and what about the Smart XX and and DuoX 2? I would assume that bannings could be completely avoided by toggling any of the above modchips off, but the post seemed to suggest that the Xecuter may be able to use XBLive! without being disabled.

Anytime you want to go live, just boot with the modchip off and you will be fine

I don't mind soldering at all. In fact, I may even prefer it, so paying the extra $$ for a solderless adapter is out of the question for me. If I order from divineo, I'm limited to either the Xecuter 3 CE or the DuoX 2, (others I might consider are out of stock). If I order from modchip.com, I can get the Smart XX v3 which also comes with a USB adapter, but it's only $5 cheaper than the Xecuter there.

dont go with modchip.com....They have ripped me off a couple times. I would use divineo or llama.com

So, of the three I've mentioned, Xecuter, Smart XX v3, and DuoX 2, (Xenium being out of stock everywhere I've looked), what would some of you recommend now?
My needs: mostly just want to use XBMC as my default dashboard, install larger HD, and play emus. Other extra features will be interesting to explore, but the XBMC is currently what has my greatest interest.

I would recommend Xecuter3. Backup bios so if you mess up you can easily get your xbox running again. And upgrading the HD is easy with the X3

#8 Excalibur007

Excalibur007

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Playing Games, Guitar, Trumpet, Weightlifting, Rollerblading, Skiing, Drawing.
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:02 PM

Thank you very much for your advice. The recommendation of divineo over modchips.com ruled out the Smart XX v3, which only left the Xecuter 3 or DuoX 2. I went ahead with the Xecuter 3 purchase. I also got the VGA Frozen Cable. Can't wait to get these things and start playing with XBMC!

#9 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE(Excalibur007 @ Jun 4 2008, 04:38 PM) View Post

Thank you very much for your advice. The recommendation of divineo over modchips.com ruled out the Smart XX v3, which only left the Xecuter 3 or DuoX 2. I went ahead with the Xecuter 3 purchase. I also got the VGA Frozen Cable. Can't wait to get these things and start playing with XBMC!

You wont be sorry for going with the X3. If you have any other questions feel free to ask

#10 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ May 31 2008, 05:35 PM) View Post

Not possible, any xbox 1 modchip requires soldering. No soldering means softmod. Cheapest solution? http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=496263.
Hotswap to install softmod. But needs a PC with IDE connection.

It is extremely possible. there are plenty of solderless solutions, not that I would advise them.
@poster X3 is a solid choice.

#11 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE(Chancer @ Jun 5 2008, 06:59 AM) View Post

It is extremely possible. there are plenty of solderless solutions, not that I would advise them.

My bad, I've no idea that solderless solutions will handle D0 as well.

#12 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:08 AM

you will not be upset with an x3, very solid chip

I personally use duox2 because once you get a stable system and are done playing with the customization you realize a chip is a chip.

enjoy

#13 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Jun 4 2008, 07:44 PM) View Post

... once you get a stable system and are done playing with the customization you realize a chip is a chip.

This man speaks the truth....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users