• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ron spencer

ron spencer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 06:46 PM

I have been softmodding for some time now, but has issues with my kids messing them up...so I decided to get a cheap hardware mod done...DuoX2, which seems nice....does everything I want. However, ever since I got it back from the installer, my xbox will not recognize official game discs...everything else, including CDs, DVDs, burned music, etc plays find. As soon as I put an official game disc in, it reads it for a second then stops. This is the only thing the DVD-Rom will not read. Any idea what is going on?

I put a spare 80gig samsung in and ran AID 4.21 with XBMC as loaded dash (then tried evox dash)...nothing, just will not recognize game discs....

any insight? thanks alot!!!!

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:24 AM

Hi,

most modchips can be switched off.
In your case, does the xbox read original disks with the modchip switched off?

If it doesn't, did it read original disks when it was softmodded? Was the harddisk the same?

Are you sure it was still playing originals before you got it chip modded.

Probably the dvd drive is defective. Original games are read from the outside to the inside of the disk. So, if your drive would have problems accessing those outer tracks, that might explain why it refuses to play original game disks.

Is there a change that the guy who installed the chip might (accidentaly) have put another dvd drive in your xbox?

The question came up before, but I have never seen a decent answer on it. You could check the cabling to the harddisk and the dvdrom as well. Although, in case of a bad cable or connection, I would expect the drive to read nothing at all.

Do you get a dirty disk error when you insert original media, or what happens exactly?

regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users