o The Drizzle o

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:01 AM

Well, im sure everyone knows how popular the iphone is and is most likely only going to grow once the 3g is released and it hits other countries. I believe its own section could show people how to jailbreak/unlock/ etc etc their device. It could allow for homebrew discussion and discuss ideas.
Since the iPhone and iPod Touch are very similar in terms of how they work... the one sections could cover them both.
So, could a seperate section get added for these?

#2 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:01 AM

For HSD to even consider adding another subforum, you are going to need at least 10 other long term members to support your request in this thread. Even that is no guarantee, but its a start.

#3 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:00 AM

I support the request. I think a iTouch/iPhone section would be great. Theres already more things (modding wise) that you can do with a iTouch/iPhone then there is for a PS3, so I think it would make since to have it's own section

#4 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Interests:Modding... video games... eating... sleeping... computers... and those things we call women.

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:22 AM

I'm not sure if I'd be considered a long term member, I definitely haven't been here since the beginning. But I have seen things come and go.. things change for the better.. and for the worse.

However, with the popularity of the iPod itself (not just the touch, nor the iPhone), a whole slew of new members would come rummaging in. The iPod has been hackable for years.. most generations I believe.

The iPod Touch is the first iPod I have ever owned, let alone modded/hacked. I would be more than glad (especially with summer coming up) to write some tutorials to kick start the new subforum off.

As mentioned, the iPhone has also become super popular. With the 3G iPhone speculated to come out soon, popularity will exponentially increase.

In the end, it's not xbox-scene.. it's scenyx. Does the slogan, "Hack it. Crack it. Mod it" still apply to this site, no matter the device? Does the slogan, "Screw the Warranty" still apply to this site, no matter the device?

It would not have to compete with the iPod/iPhone only forums out there, it would just be a place for us iPod/iPhone members to join and discuss various hacks/mods/apps/etc.

But ultimately, it's not my decision. I do, however, support the request for adding an iPod/iPhone subforum.

#5 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:06 PM

I am in, relatively new owner of the device and looking forward to this communities members to bring all the information out in a already well known modding site.

I full support a new section maybe even outside of the 'other devices' section as I believe the things you can do with this thing is endless.

I wouldnt mind becoming a mod of this section unless someone else has more interest/experience with them.

It would be a great spot for information of what each app does, different methods of hacking, 'must have apps', configurations, skins, etc.

#6 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE(sicknasty413 @ Jun 2 2008, 12:58 AM) View Post

The iPod Touch is the first iPod I have ever owned, let alone modded/hacked. I would be more than glad (especially with summer coming up) to write some tutorials to kick start the new subforum off.

+1 I could do some tutorials also for a new subforum. I've already written 4 tutorials for my friends who needed help, and I also know how to make apps for the Touch/iPhone (using SDK and without) so i can do some write ups on that.

#7 AfterTaste

AfterTaste

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:54 AM

I'm about to buy one so count me in.

#8 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:19 AM

Throw in iPods as well and I'm in. I used to do a few repairs and such for friends.

My (heavily repaired and butchered) 3G and 4G iPods died recently, so I bought a classic biggrin.gif

#9 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:43 PM

are we allowed to add -1 laugh.gif

#10 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:31 PM

I wouldnt mind, i just got a 32gb ipod touch

#11 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:06 AM

Id like to see one.

Ive had an Iphone for almost a year, and if XS had a nice tutorial to hack it, id feel a lot more comfortable!

too bad my 400 dollar investment is soon to be outdated already =/

But I wont be like some people who bitch and feel that a company is obligated to "give them their due and proper" because they upgrade the hardware.

#12 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:20 AM

If I add one, it would be a single forum, that would encompass all IPOD Modding, not just the Iphone/ITouch.

A few more responses and I'll make it happen.

#13 o The Drizzle o

o The Drizzle o

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:42 AM

Thank you so much...
i just said the iphone and ipod since theyre the ones that have the more mainstream modding appeal and so much more available to do with it

#14 yayupp

yayupp

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Computers
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:40 AM

I second the motion of amending an i(anything) forum.

*steps down from the podium*

#15 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:43 PM

I'd be happy to see an iPod forum, I just got one for free and already I have problems/questions laugh.gif

it would be good though because 99% of the support on the web is for the tech illiterate meaning any kind of more serious problem or procedure is like finding a needle in a haystack.

so yeah +1 from me tongue.gif but only if it's a general iPod/iPhone forum... I think iPhone only would be too specific...

Edited by twistedsymphony, 09 June 2008 - 02:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users