7 replies to this topic

#1 sp1kez

sp1kez

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:17 PM

I have fixed many 360s with the X clamp fix, but I have come across my first elite with RROD, my question is: can these be fixed the same way? This one has the falcon motherboard which has like an extra heatsink on the front, I haven't touched anything yet because I'm not sure if the regular X clamp will work

has anyone used the x clamp fix on the ELITE?

#2 Zheez

Zheez

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:19 PM

The fact it's an Elite means nothing - they're all the same inside. However, Zephyrs came with the extra GPU heatsink too, not just Falcons. I've personally done a few xclamp fixes on Zephyrs before with no problems.

However, I have tried to xclamp fix a Falcon before and had some strange results - so I'm curious to see other people's comments on this. I did the xclamp fix using the same bolts/washers I use on Xenon/Zephyrs boards with no problems at all and the console worked for a while then when I turn the thing off and back on a few hours later, it RROD'ed again. I then put the xclamps back on and it worked fine and is still working to this day. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Falcons and whether they needed to adjust their washers, etc.

Edited by Zheez, 02 June 2008 - 11:21 PM.

#3 gamerbou

gamerbou

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:59 AM

i have xclamped 2 xbox360 elites both r working fine

#4 sp1kez

sp1kez

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:08 PM

Okay I went for it, and its the one with only 2 Heatsinks

To my surprise some1 had already done the x clamp replacement but they only used 1 spring washer(metal) and then 2 nylon washers on each scre..... these seem to be a little thicker than the ones I regularly use so It might have something to do with this??????

I replaced the thermal paste and let overheat but still giving me rrod, I will try using diff washers and screws

error code is 0102

#5 jopotus

jopotus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:34 PM

i was wondering this too. last time maybe 5 mins ago when my elite showed me grod (green ring...) tongue.gif im clad it vent away but i guess its gonna come back sooner or later. sad.gif

Edited by jopotus, 03 June 2008 - 05:34 PM.

#6 8800gtscool

8800gtscool

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE(sp1kez @ Jun 3 2008, 03:44 PM) View Post

Okay I went for it, and its the one with only 2 Heatsinks

To my surprise some1 had already done the x clamp replacement but they only used 1 spring washer(metal) and then 2 nylon washers on each scre..... these seem to be a little thicker than the ones I regularly use so It might have something to do with this??????

I replaced the thermal paste and let overheat but still giving me rrod, I will try using diff washers and screws

error code is 0102

Whats the MFR?

#7 sp1kez

sp1kez

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:40 AM

I have tried the Heat Gun method and used the regular screws and washers for x clamp replacement but it is still giving me 3 RROD with error 0102

Im stomped, any suggestions?

MFR is 2007-3-24

#8 sp1kez

sp1kez

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:38 PM

So far I have Tried these methods and no luck:

X Clamp Replacement
Heat Gun