• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 darahul

darahul

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:32 AM

my offline xbox360 profiles do not show up when i play games, so i cant save games what do i do? The profiles come up @ the start up screen and i sign in into any of them, but when i play the game, it shows that no profile exsists on the hard drive. and when i go the Xbox dashboard, there are no profiles at all. When i restart the system, it shows the 4 profiles again !! Can please someone help ??

#2 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:58 PM

Go into the System blade, into memory and select your HDD. Check under profiles and let me know if any are showing as corrupted.

#3 darahul

darahul

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:54 PM

i deleted the corrupted profiles. They were two of them. Now I have only one profile, i tried to delete that also but it gets deleted and when i start the xbox again, it is right there staring @ my face. I have to restart the xbox when i have to play another game cos if i dont then there is a message sayin no profile exisists. This really is a bummer man. sad.gif

I thought formattin the HD might help, but i cant do that also. The formatting stops midway saying there has been a problem !

#4 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:14 PM

If the formatting is failing, I'd take a good bet that the drive itself is faulty. How old is it? Have you a MU (Memory Unit) you can try in place, or another HDD?

#5 darahul

darahul

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:32 PM

no dude.. sadly i dont have another MU or a HDD.. the console is new.. got it around a month back ! but i have modded it.. so there goes the warranty ! so i shd go for a new hard disk or a MU now ? Or is there anyway i can get this HDD to work alright?

#6 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:22 AM

Is the drive modded, cause it's covered by warranty as long as you haven't opened it.

Contact the store where you bought it or MS directly and ask for a replacement.

#7 darahul

darahul

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:36 AM

the drive is not modded. I got the Xbox as a gift and it is from another country and I am in India. SO do i get still get a warranty for the HD ?

#8 manpee1

manpee1

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:21 AM

it doesnt matter where your from . if the HDD is not modded or opened then it is returnable. i had a faulty HDD and replacement there and back took 2 weeks.. call 18004myxbox and tell them your HDD doesnt work and then you will need to go to your nearest post office and make sure you buy the "package tracking" too cuz there are some thiefs in the system. i got jacked for my H3 headset cuz i just gave it to the postman without package tracking.

#9 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:06 AM

yes india is covered under warranty

it doesnt matter where your from . if the HDD is not modded or opened then it is returnable.

actually it does matter where your from. many countries do not have the 360 console for sale, and therefor arnt supported or covered under warranty

#10 darahul

darahul

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:07 PM

called xbos support.. they said their systems were down and willl call me morrow.. am crossing my fingers and hoping for a replacement !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users