• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Infamous Ob

Infamous Ob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Family&Children, Traveling, Skateboarding, Cars, Electronics, Music, G4TV, Nice Homes, GTA Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:51 AM

Why is it that everytime I connect my Flash drives up to my Xbox when Im in XBMC, I try to go into them to play music, ect. and they never show the data on them? It just says, their names and then FATX next to them? What's the problem? Should they be in another format or what?

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:35 AM

Hi,

xbmc is capable of reading fat formatted drives. I know there is a limit in size and not all USB drives work.

You also need to be extremely carefull as the M$dash will simply format the device to fatx without warning so that all information on it will be lost.

regards.

#3 Infamous Ob

Infamous Ob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Family&Children, Traveling, Skateboarding, Cars, Electronics, Music, G4TV, Nice Homes, GTA Modding

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(obcd @ Jun 5 2008, 05:11 AM) View Post

Hi,

xbmc is capable of reading fat formatted drives. I know there is a limit in size and not all USB drives work.

You also need to be extremely carefull as the M$dash will simply format the device to fatx without warning so that all information on it will be lost.

regards.

Shit! lol Too late, I just lost a GB worth of data. So if I right click on the Drive and format it in FAT, and not FAT32 it should work with my XBMC correct?

#4 Infamous Ob

Infamous Ob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:54 AM

So do anybody know if I should format my Flash Drives in either FAT or FAT32 in order to work with XBMC?

#5 metalmaster06

metalmaster06

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:04 AM

Check here http://xbmc.org/wiki...support_in_XBMC

I use my flash drive all the time with xbmc. That links should have the compatability details for you.

Just make sure to insert and remove the drive only when in XBMC. The xbox dash mem card formatter can be a beast when it comes to losing data.

Cheers

#6 Infamous Ob

Infamous Ob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE(metalmaster06 @ Jun 6 2008, 02:40 AM) View Post

Check here http://xbmc.org/wiki...support_in_XBMC

I use my flash drive all the time with xbmc. That links should have the compatability details for you.

Just make sure to insert and remove the drive only when in XBMC. The xbox dash mem card formatter can be a beast when it comes to losing data.

Cheers

Thanks man. Im about to check it out and see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users