4 replies to this topic

#1 sprocketme2

sprocketme2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:35 AM

I want to install the Cooler Core V2 into my 360, but I know that it will be detectable and I will be banned from xbox live. I was wondering what kind of external power supply I could use If I rewired the fans to an extra DC power jack in the rear of the 360? Where would I start looking for power supplies and what do I need to look for in a suitable power supply?

#2 nick300zx

nick300zx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:41 AM

You could just hard wire the cooler to the 12v connections on the bottom of the motherboard by the power plug. Just adding fans is not going to get you banned, at least i havent heard of anyone getting banned for it.

#3 sprocketme2

sprocketme2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:50 AM

alright thank you for your help, I was not aware that there was a 12V spot on the motherboard that was undetectable. Ill look around for some pics of where to solder. If I cant find any ill come back here.

#4 sprocketme2

sprocketme2

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:18 AM

sry for double post but I cant find the edit button huh.gif
Anyway, will adding a fan header as described in this thread work? That way everything is still removable with plug and all. If I do fan header is it still undetectable?

#5 nick300zx

nick300zx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE(sprocketme2 @ Jun 5 2008, 01:54 AM) View Post

sry for double post but I cant find the edit button huh.gif
Anyway, will adding a fan header as described in this thread work? That way everything is still removable with plug and all. If I do fan header is it still undetectable?

here is a link for the locations of different power sources on the mobo
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=613160. yes you can use the fan header if your version of the mobo has it. I have a newer version of the board so i had to wire everything from the 12v source on the board. As far as I know microsoft is not trying to detect fan mods, and as far as one place on the board being undetectable from another wouldnt matter because anywhere you wire in the fans you will be drawing power. Hope this helps.
-Nick

Edited by nick300zx, 05 June 2008 - 07:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users