PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:35 AM

Sony stops work on Eight Days and The Getaway
Posted by XanTium | 4-6-2008 23:35 EST

From gamesindustry.biz:

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has announced that it has stopped production on two PlayStation 3 titles that were in development at the Sony London Studio - Eight Days and The Getaway.

A statement from the Corporation read as follows: "It has been agreed that production of both Eight Days and The Getaway will cease immediately due to the redistribution of resources and budget.
This decision was made following an internal review of all games and it was deemed that with the incredibly strong list of exclusive first party titles coming up both this year and in the near future, resource should be reallocated to enhance those projects closer to completion."

UPDATE: It has now been confirmed that these projects have been shelved permanently, and work is not scheduled to restart at a later date.

Full Story: gamesindustry.biz

#2 pinkerton

pinkerton

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:25 AM

Boo Hoo, the getaway is just a GTA clone anyway.

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:57 AM

It doesn't really bother me. The getaway could never come close to GTA.

#4 stevenalvarado

stevenalvarado

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Location:Costa Rica PlayStation3 Version: none Nintendo Wii Version: v4.1u
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:21 PM

chancer you sure do post a lot, now that I look at the number of your posts I realize that the "he who posts
alot " is for real. It would be almost impossible for you to get banned because I think you really love xbox-scene, but I wonder if is there someone with such a high number of posts that has been banned?
Iīm not asking this to get information of someone in particular but I see that +17000 posts ARE a lot and it would be a shame to know that someone with so much information about anything xbox related would get banned in this site, but I guess that if someone gets banned is because that person did something really really wrong.

now, about the gateway... I donīt have anything to say about it laugh.gif I have never played it so I donīt care, I just think that the ps3 needs more games that are in the same genre as GTA. I guess people buy those games.

#5 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:03 PM

My post count went up more when the original Xbox was big. the hardware and mod side of that made me plenty of money and consequently, I dealt with hundreds of units and was able to give advice on most things about modding them. I think in total I have only ever started 6 topics.
Now it is more a question of posting opinions and comment rather than technical stuff, as I don't really bother with mods on the 360. I have been trying to buy a faulty unopened PSU to do a full technical guide to it's operation and repair to component level, but no joy.
Any way I am rambling again
The previous getaway I played on another console but the gameplay was not up to the GTA series so I doubt I would consider it again pop.gif

#6 Kamasutra318

Kamasutra318

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:As a Computer Engineer, I try to learn as much as I can about electronics and software. Also games.
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 08 June 2008 - 04:19 AM

I do doubt that The Getaway could have come close to GTA in most aspects, but that doesn't mean it still couldn't have been good. Just taking place in London would be enough for me to check it out, as I'll probably be burned out on Liberty City eventually, and the story could have been interesting too if they bothered getting good writers. The one trailer they released of Eight Days made it look really cool if they could replicate that in gameplay. But if Sony is allocating those resources elsewhere to improve or make new, better games, then I suppose this wasn't really a bad decision.

#7 warmaster_670

warmaster_670

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:38 PM

well, considering i dont think weve seen much of either game, they could have either been A; taking way to long with little to no progress, or B; they could have both been crap, and they figured better to scrap them then to waste money releasing a crappy game.

Quality>Quantity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users