8 replies to this topic

#1 NightBlade09

NightBlade09

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:14 AM

Hi

I was trying to upgrade my firmware a while ago, so my 360 was working but I thought I should upgrade it.
I have a Hitachi 47D drive, whenever I turn it on the green light keeps blinking and the tray won't eject no matter what or how many times I press the eject button.

It's not in ModeB because it's not detected in Windows. I tried to put it in modeB with Slax but when rebooting after using it I can't boot up into Vista, it crashes during the loading bar, safe mode won't work either. Also tried to use connectivity kit to put it in mode B but it didn't show up in Windows and it wouldn't eject with the button on it.

I don't remember what I did to mess it up like this, but I think it wouldn't flash and I couldn't even restore my old firmware. The program said it would keep re-trying 0/10 steps and it kept failing a couple steps every time until it started to be 10/10 but it still said it failed, I waited a very long time and watched it retry the steps until I got impatient and shutdown the program and I turned my 360 off. Then I turned it back on and here I am.

If anyone knows what's wrong with it or what I could be missing, or something I could do to fix this please don't hessitate to post. Help will be greatly appreciated. smile.gif

#2 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:22 AM

Unless you already have a backup of your DVD key, you'll need the TSOP removed from the board and reprogrammed. Quite a few people now offer this service (including me).

If you have a backup of the DVD key, you can either do as above and get it reprogrammed or look to buying another drive / controller board.

#3 newfie4ever

newfie4ever

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:44 AM

As mentioned above, you can get the SST chip removed and reprogrammed. If you have the dvd key, I would get a new drive and flash it with your old key. Get a Samsung or even a Benq (not the newest one tho) as they are hard to brick. The Hitachi's are not very forgiving. Ebay as Samsung drives and maybe Benq also.
Either way its gonna cost you the same amount I would think.

#4 NightBlade09

NightBlade09

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:25 PM

Thanks for your replys.

Unfortunatly, I don't have a backup of anything because I reformated my computer a while ago and completely forgot to backup these things.

So if I understand correctly, I need my old DVD key, and a new DVD drive off of Ebay, replace mine with that and flash it? Where do I get my DVD key?

Edited by NightBlade09, 05 June 2008 - 07:27 PM.

#5 NightBlade09

NightBlade09

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:37 PM

Sorry for the double post but it won't let me edit.

Ok, so I googled around and found out I need the DVD key or old firmware, and I don't have either...

So I need a programmer to get the DVD key for me, but Martinchris23 lives all the way in Scotland and I live in the US. Do you know where I could find trusted programmers for this in America?

Thanks

#6 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:09 PM

http://forums.xbox-s...hp?showforum=29
Here ya go

#7 NightBlade09

NightBlade09

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:43 PM

Thank you all for your help, greatly appreciated biggrin.gif

#8 immortal7792

immortal7792

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:26 AM

I don't have the 49, but I have the 59.

What worked for me was as soon as it was about to eject, you eject it, then it would close then keep blinking. (In modeb that was).

When it fails to boot for vista, you have to keep opening and closing it.

#9 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE(immortal7792 @ Jun 7 2008, 05:02 AM) View Post

I don't have the 49, but I have the 59.

What worked for me was as soon as it was about to eject, you eject it, then it would close then keep blinking. (In modeb that was).

When it fails to boot for vista, you have to keep opening and closing it.

Nar this is a different problem he flashed his drive badly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users