3 replies to this topic

#1 Senor Chief

Senor Chief

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:00 AM

Hello i have an xbox that was softmodded with sid 3.0 way back in 04, i am now looking for a way to update to krayzies ndure 1.1 or the newest one. Heres the thing though. I know that i can use CASH to wipe everything and start fresh, but my thompson dvd drive is really bad and is not reading the copy of cash that i have burned. I have evox installed as my dash, and i have a backup of the ms dashboard on my E drive. I have also back up my eeprom to my computer so im safe so far. Id prefer to install from my computer bcause the dvd drive is just really unreliable. if any one can help it would be appreciated.

#2 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE(Senor Chief @ Jun 11 2008, 09:36 AM) View Post

Hello i have an xbox that was softmodded with sid 3.0 way back in 04, i am now looking for a way to update to krayzies ndure 1.1 or the newest one. Heres the thing though. I know that i can use CASH to wipe everything and start fresh, but my thompson dvd drive is really bad and is not reading the copy of cash that i have burned. I have evox installed as my dash, and i have a backup of the ms dashboard on my E drive. I have also back up my eeprom to my computer so im safe so far. Id prefer to install from my computer bcause the dvd drive is just really unreliable. if any one can help it would be appreciated.

1. Use a xiso tool like qwix to extract the CASH xiso image and see if you can figure out the folder structures to apply the softmod. Conceptually the Ndure softmod is designed to work like this:
5960 msdash + Ndure softmod files -> Softmodded hdd.
The Ndure files consist of the 4920 uberdash renamed to xboxdash.xbe and the ernie.xtf + xbox.xtf in xodash folder. ernie.xtf must be copied before xbox.xtf. There's some other files for Live access plus nkpatcher kernel patcher.
If you can't map this to the CASH folders, another way is to use kingroach ndure which will generate the necessary files in C and E folders.
Then all you need to do is copy 5960 dash files followed by C folder contents to C drive, E folder stuff to E drive over ftp. Ernie.xtf before xbox.xtf. Cold-boot with Frosty's xbox rescue disc to gain ftp access then delete everything on C and apply the files in the sequence so you get a Ndure softmod with nkpatcher11_U04 which is a slightly higher version than Krayzie's Ndure copy of nkpatcher. You gain run-time configuration file support: boot1.bin, EEPROM_off.bin, VIDEO.BIN etc.

Ask here again if some details are not clear.

Edited by ldotsfan, 11 June 2008 - 01:59 PM.

#3 Senor Chief

Senor Chief

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:29 PM

Could you please elaborate a bit more, im confused as too the order of operations here.

#4 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:05 PM

You can follow this: http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4280211

and just skip the steps on video mode changing onwards and stop at the point that says "Ndure is working". Make sure you have backuped your eeprom to your PC before attempting softmod upgrade.

EDIT: http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4282943
gives the steps as well one at a time.

Edited by ldotsfan, 12 June 2008 - 02:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users