• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zrs_guy

zrs_guy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:16 AM

Hello Everyone, today I want to talk about compiling Surreal xxx 64 which if you don't know its a Nintendo 64 emulator for the Xbox. Anyhow, I have:

Visual Studio 2008
XDK - Xbox Development Kit

Before I continue I want to say its nearly impossible to download Surreal xxx 64 beta 5 compiled, however, its easy to find the source code so I'm stuck with compiling the source code. Also, I know since this involves Illegal usage of XDK you probably want to tell me to not talk about this, well sorry but there is only one 64 emulator for the xbox and its this. I would appreciate it if someone could possibly tell me where I could contact Freakdave - the creator of the program.

So I tried to compile this release and unfortunately I had 429 errors, and 828 warnings. I would like to get one release where I could actually compile the source code. So if anyone would be willing to discuss this topic, please reply.

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:52 AM

Hi,

the xdk's are designed to integrate with the microsoft visual studio 2003 package.
I don't think you will be able to install one on visual studio 2008.
The visual studio 2003 package is downloadable from the microsoft website.
You need a MSDN subscription to download it.
the xdk's contains libraries which are copyrighted by Microsoft. For that reason, you can't distribute xbe files that are made with it.

regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users