drink_stir

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:38 AM

Ok heres my problem, i tried using the 007 exploit to gain ftp access to the virgin box, got to the first directory. And everything looked fine. then i went to the e:\udata to put in Krazie's bad ass installer, and all i got was a blank directory, and kept getting ftp errors when i tried to transfer. and i have an pro action card, but its not here with me, and i don't have a computer without sata cables, so i'm stuck!! My question is can i take the virgins harddrive out and plug it into mine, and install the softmod that way. by the way mine is TSOP flashed and i don't think it matters if the other drive is locked or not, but i'm not sure. i've modded a few boxes and never ran into this problem. HELP!! My email is drink_stir@yahoo.com.
Thanx.

#2 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:11 AM

You can't put the virgin drive into your console because it is locked. Your TSOP flash won't allow you to read a drive locked to another system. It will give you an error 06 if you try.

To recap:

You've put some unknown exploit on your AR and when booted via 007 it gives you FTP access.

You then FTP Krazie's softmod autoinstaller over to the save games folder on your console and boot it's exploit.

Why not put Krazie's installer straight on the AR and copy it from there, bypassing the previous exploit completely?

Xplorer360 might help you with this.

#3 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE(drink_stir @ Jun 12 2008, 08:14 AM) View Post

i tried using the 007 exploit to gain ftp access to the virgin box, got to the first directory. And everything looked fine. then i went to the e:\udata to put in Krazie's bad ass installer, and all i got was a blank directory, and kept getting ftp errors when i tried to transfer. and i have an pro action card, but its not here with me, and i don't have a computer without sata cables, so i'm stuck!! My question is can i take the virgins harddrive out and plug it into mine, and install the softmod that way. by the way mine is TSOP flashed and i don't think it matters if the other drive is locked or not, but i'm not sure. i've modded a few boxes and never ran into this problem.

You neglected to put an important piece of info in the post itself which you put in your description of the topic - you intend to hotswap. You don't have the mem. card with you now and you don't have a PC with IDE.

Hotswapping the virgin hdd to the tsop xbox to unlock it will work (the hdd must be powered throughout the process) and then you can copy the Krayzie's gamesave direct to E:\UDATA. Unless there's something wrong with the virgin hdd that resulted in your ftp errors and a blank folder. Anyway hotswapping will allow you to peep at the contents of the hdd and determine what to do.

Edited by ldotsfan, 12 June 2008 - 01:51 PM.

#4 drink_stir

drink_stir

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:15 AM

thanx. I figured it would work but i've never tried it. will my box run my dash without the HD hooked up, or do i need to burn a bootdisk of some kind? On to trying and hopefully it works cause i've modded a few boxes and never ran into this problem, it's wierding me out trying to figure it out. and i ain't even cracked the virgin open to see if its TSOP-able. thanx, this site is awesome!

#5 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,747 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE(drink_stir @ Jun 12 2008, 06:51 PM) View Post

thanx. I figured it would work but i've never tried it. will my box run my dash without the HD hooked up, or do i need to burn a bootdisk of some kind? On to trying and hopefully it works cause i've modded a few boxes and never ran into this problem, it's wierding me out trying to figure it out. and i ain't even cracked the virgin open to see if its TSOP-able. thanx, this site is awesome!

youll need a boot disc

#6 drink_stir

drink_stir

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:26 AM

ok... so one more question. If i use Xplorer can i push the xploit into the drive without takin MY COMP. hd out? i found a comp to use with IDE cables. and of course using the unlock (HOTSWAP) method. I'm sure it will work but i like to make questions that other people can use. BECAUSE I LOVE THIS SITE!! AND IT HELPED ME THROUGH ALOT OF TOUGH STUFF!!! AWESOME KEEP IT UP GUYS.

Edited by drink_stir, 15 June 2008 - 12:27 AM.

#7 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE(drink_stir @ Jun 15 2008, 08:02 AM) View Post

If i use Xplorer can i push the xploit into the drive without takin MY COMP. hd out? i found a comp to use with IDE cables. and of course using the unlock (HOTSWAP) method.

Do you mean xplorer360? It will work with usb/ide adapters since it runs from windows but hotswapping is still needed to unlock the hdd prior to the copying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users