• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Psykup

Psykup

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:07 PM

Hello everybody. I'm french, so sorry for my english.
I show you the begin of my first mod of xbox 360.
I have decided to mod my 360 after the repair of the ROD

What do you thing about this beginning ?
(please be indulgent and use simple english) Thx

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

#2 chadives

chadives

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, kayaking, nuking terrorist in COD4, Modding, surface mount soldering, PCB Layout
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:16 PM

Looks good, very clean. Where did you get you power from? Did you repair it yourself? I would add some more ventilation holes to make sure you get maximum airflow. Even just cutting the grates on bottom and behind exhaust fans will help a little. Keep on modding!

Don't let any flamers get you down, most of them have never modded anything in their lives! It takes a modder to apreciate all the hard work that goes into these things.

#3 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:52 PM

I'm sorry, but it's hideous, and cooling the top of the DVD-ROM isn't going to do anything. You should have just installed a 70mm fan *inside* the case in front of the CPU heatsink.

#4 Psykup

Psykup

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:56 PM

chadives, i get the power on the motherboard

==> http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=613160

And i have repair it myself, using different method (block ram with asbestos (i'm not sure of the translation sad.gif )+ artic silver on cpu/gpu)

brandogg, it's true, but the second fan keep 8c less for the gpu, under the dvd. and you said it's hideous but it's my first mod and i search idea.(do you have a mod ?)

Chadives, thx for "Don't let any flamers get you down", because with people like brandogg, we can "go die"
In france, we call men like him "boulet" laugh.gif

Don't hesitate for more question, i will try to answer with my bad english rolleyes.gif

#5 MadMax808

MadMax808

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:16 PM

dont listen to brandogg. i wouldn't have done the same fan placement, but thats what you chose, and you cut the holes very nicely and mounted the fans well. good job, especially for your first!

#6 Psykup

Psykup

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:22 PM

Thx madmax, even if the second fan is over the dvd, there is a air flow because the xbox fan inhale air under the dvd rom. ( I have made some test with smoke)
I cut the holes with dremel.

#7 XboxApprentice

XboxApprentice

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE(chadives @ Jun 13 2008, 02:52 PM) View Post

Don't let any flamers get you down, most of them have never modded anything in their lives! It takes a modder to apreciate all the hard work that goes into these things.

Dude no offense and everything but of only had that one fan over the CPU the thing over the DVD Drive does not thing at all and for my first mod I watercooled a 360 so I mod there chadvies. And Psykup dude I would internal mount the fans it looks nicer dude but If you keep them external put on a grill or something to give it more style. If I was you get a longer Sata cable and put it outside the 360 and put the fan back in. Theres alot a ppl out there that does the DVD Drive external on the first mod but for now It kinda sucks but If you put more time in its will be better.

#8 sq24

sq24

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:FIREFIGHTING
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 June 2008 - 03:34 AM

Not to bad for your fist one. Yet are those fan blowin in or sucking air out?

#9 Psykup

Psykup

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:42 AM

The two fan put air in the xbox because the two rear fan inahle air out.
XS Filter - 062809 - spam It's the beginning of my mod so the idea of the external drive c

The two fan put air in the xbox because the two rear fan inahle air out.
XS Filter - 062809 - spam It's the beginning of my mod so the idea of the external drive can be realised.
I'm searching ! wink.gif

#10 Infamous Ob

Infamous Ob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Family&Children, Traveling, Skateboarding, Cars, Electronics, Music, G4TV, Nice Homes, GTA Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:08 AM

Nice work.

#11 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 June 2008 - 03:48 PM

Yes, I do have a mod. It's not that great, but here ya go.

http://forums.xbox-s...o...636737&st=0

I would suggest doing something similar, just put those fans inside (probably kind of hard with the CPU side) and put your drive in a case. Your temps will go way down.

Edited by brandogg, 14 June 2008 - 03:53 PM.

#12 Psykup

Psykup

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 05:16 PM

Thx Infamous Ob.

Brandogg your mod is cool, but i'm searching for an other idea because i want to keep the dvd inside ( i don't like when xbox is in two part).

XS Filter - 062809 - spam, today i have receive two fan grill and i want to hide also the side of the fan ...

#13 XboxApprentice

XboxApprentice

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 15 June 2008 - 06:08 PM

Thank God sorry I had to. Now it will look better. Dude your a getting no performance increase with that second fan over the DVD Drive. It wont do anything for you at all. Heres what I would do If I was you. Cut a hole in the side of the case. Put on a DVD cover or make one. Get a 70mm fan mount it internally and add a grill. Get some Leds and then you can call it a mod in my opioion.

#14 Psykup

Psykup

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:51 PM

I will fix the dvd out of the case ... uhh.gif

#15 Psykup

Psykup

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:18 PM

And somebody know how many Watts can i take from the power supply ? I already have the two fan so ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users