• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 shleeb

shleeb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:14 PM

Alright, my xbox has been modded for years, x2.2 lite+ i'm pretty sure, it's been so long i don't even remember, it's nothing with the modchip thats wrong. however, when i try to load up the system (modchip on or off) it'll go to the X screen, and then fail to load from there, one in every 10 tries will get me to load up the menu (evox or msdash) sometimes, when booting without the modchip, it'll go into the "your xbox requires tech support" screen. I'm thinking that the hard drive is just physically broken, seeing that the bios boots up, and the graphics/sound seem to work fine..that's what it seems to be to me. Is this most likely the error? that the hard drive is just dead and only works sometimes? I've had it for a few years in there. Maxtor, 120gb.

#2 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:49 PM

With chip on, cold boot from any boot disc and if it works all the time, you have more proof for your hypothesis. Is the error message with chip off an error 7, 8 or 9?

Edited by ldotsfan, 14 June 2008 - 11:51 PM.

#3 shleeb

shleeb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Jun 15 2008, 12:25 AM) View Post

With chip on, cold boot from any boot disc and if it works all the time, you have more proof for your hypothesis. Is the error message with chip off an error 7, 8 or 9?

This sounds really dumb, but how do you tell what the error message is? I mean, I havent' really looked that much into the error message, but everytime I see it I briefly look for an error code and I never see one, just "contact customer support" or whatever

#4 FourTwentySmiles

FourTwentySmiles

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 June 2008 - 10:14 PM

Notice the top left corner of the screen.........

IPB Image

And here are the XBOX error codes explained.......Error Code List

#5 shleeb

shleeb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:38 PM

yeah, i don't have one, but i'm pretty sure it's the hard drvie, i've cold booted it three times now, twice it went to the disk, the third it went to the dash

#6 Scrumpdi_tc

Scrumpdi_tc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:50 PM

i have some experience with what your talking about. ive so far nuked 3 boxes one beacuse of internal issues with cooling one with a hard drive issue because of Bios(had to take it back to the dude who modded it for me) and one very messy end due to Drinking, too many retards in the room, and a Drama issuse that led to my box being a wep of choice for thowing at somebodys head.

1. your hard drive has bad joo joo bios and you need to start over
2. your hard drive has finally given up and needs to be buried with last week chineese food takeout
3. its time to retire your uberbox and mod a new/used one

i paid somebody to mod mine so not sure if you can recover the bad joo joo bios info and fix/repair replace the files. im learning to do the whole no f up my box when modding it as we speak these forums read like a library of almost could haves and worste case senaros from a scary movie.

#7 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:32 AM

The first xbox biosses on 1.0 xboxes don't show the error number in the left upper corner of the multi language error screen.

If you think the harddisk is broken, just put another one in it and use a Slayers Rescue disk to partition and format it. With a modchip, the disk doesn't need to be lockable. If the xbox works fine with the new harddisk, you have found your problem.

regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users